A Break

Levi's POV

I haven't had the opportunity to be alone with Anna in what feels like weeks. With everything that's happened to her, I've been desperate to be with her. The one time that I get to throw caution to the wind and make a move, fucking Eren ruins it, how am I not surprised.

"Historia was crowned queen just yesterday. It was great, she even punched Captain Levi since he had been so rude to her." Eren was beaming with joy from re-telling this shitty story. I glared at his back as he spoke happily with Anna.

"Oh my, I wish I could've seen that. Levi must have been surprised." Anna laughed lightly and smiled at Eren. It was nice to see her smiling again, but it was ridiculous that she was smiling at Eren.

"It was pretty funny." Eren laughed which caused Anna to giggle with him.

"Yeah it was fucking hilarious. I'm leaving, when I get back I hope that Eren will be gone so that Anna can actually rest peacefully." I muttered as I stood up and walked towards the door. I turned around and saw Anna looking at me like I was the weird one, I simply rolled my eyes at her and left.

I casually walked along the hallway and through the courtyard of our headquarters, I noticed many scouts walking around, most of them were discussing the recent coronation. I guess it was a hot topic, it better be, given how much damn work it took to get her to sit her ass on that throne.

I walked through the markets looking at what was currently being sold. I didn't often have time to simply walk around Trost, but now that everything had settled down, I finally was able to have some free time. I noticed a stall selling apples and some cherries. I stopped and stared at the cherries for a bit, it reminded me of the one time many years ago that I saw Anna carrying around a basket of cherries. I decided to buy them and surprise her with them, I wondered if she had had any since then.

I carried the basket of fruit back with me to headquarters. I leisurely walked making sure Eren would have plenty of time to scram. After a few minutes I made it back to Anna's room, I knocked on the door and opened it. Luckily it was just Anna in the room. She looked over at me and smiled brightly, I felt my chest tighten at the sight.

"Good, the nuisance is gone." I sighed and sat on the chair the was next to Anna's bed and placed the basket on her nightstand.

"You brought cherries? These are my favorite!" Anna instantly took one and placed it in her mouth. I smiled lightly at her childish excitement.

"What did you and the brat talk about while I was out?" I asked as I crossed my legs and leaned up against the chair.

"Nothing important, he was just telling me about the coronation and his hardening ability." I watched as Anna made a small pile of cherry pits on the corner of the table. I had to hold myself back from cleaning them up for her.

"Why does that kid feel so inclined to talk to you?" I scoffed as I rolled my eyes at the thought of Eren excitedly telling Anna things.

"Why do you feel so inclined to care about what Eren does so much?" Anna didn't look at me when she said this, but I could tell she was happy with herself for throwing the question back at me.

"I don't care what Eren does, he can do whatever he wants."

"Except talk to me?" Anna eyed me out of the corner of her eye with a slight grin.

"Shut up you brat." I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, Anna was doing a good job of annoying me.

"Sorry I couldn't help it!" Anna laughed and added another pit to her pile.

"You're lucky I care about you or I would've ordered you to do 100 push ups for being such a brat." I couldn't help but grin just a little bit at how happy Anna was with herself.