Friends

Anna's POV

"Sir, the mission was successful." I saluted to my older brother.

"Good to hear. How did your first day outside the walls go?" His voice wasn't his usual commanding voice, he seemed genuinely interested in how things went.

"Oh uhm...pretty good. I did as you told me and stayed obedient in front of the Captain. I don't think I pissed him off, but he's kind of hard to read." I thought back to when Miles attacked me and I fought back...maybe I won't tell brother about that.

"He is hard to read, but I value him. I'm sure you didn't anger him sister. You're too good for him to get angry with you, I'm sure of it." Erwin smiled at me and pulled out a piece of paper and started writing.

"Yeah." Hopefully the Captain doesn't tell him about me fight with Miles.

"Why don't you get changed out of your gear and wait for me to finish work. We can talk more after Levi reports to me." Erwin didn't look up at me this time, he was too busy with work, but I nodded and saluted him before leaving.

I opened the wooden door and saw Captain Levi waiting outside. He didn't look surprised to see me, but I was surprised that he was waiting. Did he know I was in there?

"Captain." I saluted and hurried away to change.

"Come in Levi." I could hear my brothers deep voice from down the hall.

I took my gear off and changed into normal clothes. A simple white t-shirt and some brown pants. I decided to keep my hair up and out of my face as I headed out to the market to see if there was any food other than soup and bread. Erwin was probably sick of eating the same thing everyday too. I made sure I had my pouch of money and subconsciously ran my thumb over the small silver heart that hung around my neck.

I stepped outside into the warm sun that was close to setting. There were many people out and about at this time so I was careful not be swept away by the crowds and carts moving around. I walked around and saw a vendor selling cherries, my favorite fruit. 

"I'll take a basket of those cherries please." I exchanged the money for a small basket of fruit.

I never saw cherries being sold around here, their like a luxury or something with how uncommon they are. I decided to head back to Erwin's room to wait for him, when someone bumped into my back almost causing me to fall. I turned around and saw a taller man with short black hair.

"You?" It was Miles Reese, he was part of Captain Levi's squad.

I tried to ignore him and walk away but Kril blocked my path. I sighed and looked up at the two men who blocked my path. They were still wearing the scout regiment outfits and caps so I couldn't fight them out in public's eye.

"What do you two want?" I tried to ask nicely, but my voice came out defensive.

"Oh nothing, I just want you to leave Levi's squad, that's all." Miles of course was first to speak.

"I also want you to leave. You piss Miles off so we can't have a well coordinated team with you on it." Kril's voice was less abrasive and rude, but rude none the less.

"Hey leave her alone you two!" I heard Retia's voice come from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and noticed Ron was with her.

"Retia why don't you just stay out of this." Kril tried to reason with Retia, but Retia didn't back down.

"No! You two a blatantly rude to her when she's done nothing wrong!" Retia put herself in front of me. She had long blond hair and was taller than me, but shorter than the three boys.