Disobedience

Anna's POV

After being held tightly in Levi's arms, I blushed for another few minutes even when he left. Levi seemed annoyed that I brought up Miles, he seemed even more annoyed that I was making friends with Eren. I knew I was supposed to be cautious of Eren, but to me Eren was just a kid who has a power he wasn't even aware of. I felt bad that he was suddenly going to be part of some larger plan.

"Anna?" Speaking of Eren, he walked up to me while I was sweeping the floor.

"Oh Eren, did Levi give you slack for not cleaning properly?" Levi sent him in here to re-clean the room that he was supposed to clean, but I've actually cleaned most of it already.

"Uhm, yeah." Eren looked embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't take his words to heart, his rough exterior is just for show. He's probably just on edge right now." I tossed Eren the broom and pointed to the area of the room that still needed cleaning.

"I heard out of all the people here, you've known the Captain the longest, and your skills are even comparable to his. Is that true?" Eren took up the broom and started to mindlessly sweep. I began dusting off the window and window seal.

"I suppose you could say that. Why do you ask?" I noticed Eren wasn't sweeping correctly which made me laugh gently to myself.

"I want to know more about the people who might have to kill me." Eren seemed down, I stopped dusting and walked over to him and took the broom from his hands.

"You know Eren, you should sweep like this, it saves energy and won't hurt your back as much." I demonstrated how to sweep and then handed him the broom back.

"Oh, have I been doing it wrong this whole time?" Eren took the broom and started sweeping properly.

"If you want to stay on Levi's good side learn how to clean thoroughly. Also don't talk back to him, that's another important one." I laughed and continued dusting the webs off the window.

"Have you ever disobeyed the Captain before?" Eren asked sheepishly.

"Yes I have, I almost killed him." I hummed in remembrance of when I tackled him and wanted to draw my blades against him.

"Uh... really? What happened to you after that?" Eren looked at me surprised and afraid, I didn't blame him. Right now Levi was the scariest person to Eren. To hear about me wanting to kill him rightfully shocked him.

"Nothing really, he promoted me to squad leader. Weird choice right?" I looked at Eren and shrugged. He nervously laughed and resumed sweeping.

"Can I ask you an inappropriate question? I'm just curious." Eren was hesitating, he even stopped sweeping for a second to ask me.

"Go ahead, I wont tell the Captain if that's what you're worried about." I reassured the poor kid and turned to face him.

"Do you think you could actually kill or hurt the Captain. He's humanities strongest soldier, are you saying that in the past you actually came close to hurting him?" Eren seemed more scared of me at this point. I didn't want to scare the kid even more, but I genuinely thought about this question.

" Hypothetically speaking if Levi ever came after me to kill me, I am confidant in my abilities to stay alive. I think I could hurt Levi if I really tried, but killing him... I can't even imagine doing that to him. I've known Levi for many years now, and we've worked close together through these years, I can predict his every move and decision, but even with that I don't think I could kill him; for moral reasons." I sighed, it was a loaded question that Eren asked. The more I thought about it the more I realized that if Levi and I tried our best to kill each other, it would probably end in a draw anyway.