New Mission

Levi's POV

There was a new order for my squad to venture out beyond the walls again for exploration. They wanted to see how far the titans were out there. This mission was to last longer than the previous one, and was far more dangerous. I couldn't believe Erwin was sending his sister out to her death, he must know somewhat of her skill level if he trusts that we would come back safely.

This time we'll be carrying more supplies with us, which will slow us down. I trust that Erwin knows what he is doing, but with only six of us, how effective are we?

"Just make it back alive and unharmed preferably." I'm waiting outside of Erwin's office, waiting for Anna to leave...again. The door wasn't closed all the way so I could hear a majority of their conversation. I wasn't purposefully eavesdropping, but I am curious about how close they are.

"Don't worry brother, nothing will happen to me." Anna sounded strangely confidant in her own skill.

"You say that now.."

"Brother, I am a lot stronger than you think. And are you not the one who put me on Captain Levi's squad?" This is probably the first time I've heard the girl speak properly.

"Don't remind me, and don't get too cocky." Was Erwin regretting putting Anna on my squad?

"I'm not trying to be cocky, I'm trying to have confidence in myself. Could you please have some confidence in me brother?" Anna's voice softened a bit.

"I do have confidence in you. I'm sorry, I shouldn't worry too much about you. You're right, I am the one who put you on Levi's squad so I should come to terms with that." It really is starting to sound like he regrets sending her to me.

"I should get going brother, I will return home." After a few seconds Anna came out of the room, she was already in full gear.

"Oh, Captain." She saluted me and then headed off. The scene seemed awfully familiar to me, I rolled my eyes as I walked into the Commander's office.

"Levi, are there any problems?" Erwin's concerned voice turned back into it's usual powerful tone.

"No, just came to report that we will be leaving now, but I guess having that kid on my squad makes my job useless." I scoffed at the idea of the girl replacing all of my mundane tasks like reporting when we were leaving and when we got back.

"Okay then, I wish you the best of luck out there." I saluted and left to find my squad, who were probably bickering with each other at this moment.

I walked outside to the courtyard and found the five of them obediently waiting for me. Finally, Miles's one sided arguments with Anna have ended. Maybe my ears won't be in pain during this expedition.

We mounted our horses which were packed full of extra fuel and blades. Once we were outside of the walls the real fight was on. We headed straight forwards from the wall and it only took an hour until we spotted the first titan. It was only ten meters tall, but there were no trees around. I looked behind me and saw that Miles and Kril were at the ready, but to make sure, I sent Retia with them. I halted the horses and watched as the three worked together to bring the titan down. Once they were done we continued forwards. It was like this for the first couple hours, we would see only one or two titans out in the open and either a group of two or three would kill them or I would. 

We headed to a small patch of trees to rest when two titans came running towards us.

"Anna, Kril, you take the one on the left. I'll handle the one on the right." With that, I jumped from my horse and easily killed the titan. I landed on one of the short trees and watched Anna and Kril.