The Truth

Levi's POV

We were in the middle of the forest interrogating an MP when three figures showed up. It was already nightfall, I wasn't sure how to act, but we all hid behind the cover of the trees as they approached us. 

"It's just us guys!" The hooded figure in the front took off their hood and revealed themselves as Hange.

The other hooded figure turned out to be Moblit, I was staring at the last figure to see who it was. They seemed hesitant to take off their hood, but when they did, I reeled back in surprise. It was Anna, but her head was wrapped in bandages and there was a large bruise on her face as well as a cut on her lip. She looked everywhere other than at me. I wanted to run to her and hug her, but I knew I couldn't do that with the others around.

The three walked towards us and by the light of the lantern Armin was holding, I could tell there was more to her injuries. Anna did well to stand further away from me so I couldn't see her as clearly as I wanted to.

"Read this!" Hange shoved a paper in to my hands forcing me to look at something other than Anna.

After reading it, it was clear the coup that Erwin had planned was successful. I was glad to hear that Erwin wasn't executed, but Anna's injuries concerned me. She was busy talking with Armin and Mikasa so I went to Hange.

"What happened to her?" I asked Hange as I watched Anna nod her head to something Armin said.

"I knew you were going to ask. It's not my place to tell, and I know you would just get angry." Hange sighed as she sent Moblit to look after Anna.

"Tell me four-eyes, now." I turned my attention to Hange.

"I wasn't given the full story, but I knew exactly what had happened due to the state she was in." Hange sighed and shook her head. I felt anxious to hear what had happened.

"The state she was in? What does that mean?" I looked back to Anna, Moblit had taken her slightly away from the group of kids.

"You can't get angry." Hange stated, looking at me seriously.

"Okay." 

"Someone, or some people attempted to rape her." My jaw dropped. That was not what I expected to hear.

"W-What?" I couldn't even comprehend her words.

"She came to me covered in blood, handcuffed, and with her shirt ripped open. The more I treated her wounds, the more I realized what had happened." There was only one thought in my mind.

"By who?" I lowered my head, I was seething with anger.

"All she said was MP's. I don't know the rest." Hange looked over at Anna and her facial expression softened.

I simply walked away from Hange and approached Anna. She saw that I was angry, and started to panic.

"Captain Levi, I'm not sure Anna can speak with you right now." Moblet gingerly said.

"I need to speak with her. Armin, give me the lantern." I tried to regain my composure, but was failing.

Armin could tell something was wrong and quickly handed me the lantern. I turned to Anna and beckoned her to follow me. She lowered her head and followed close behind me as we walked further into the forest. I wasn't sure where we were going, I just needed to far enough to where the kids and Hange couldn't hear or see us.

After a few minutes it seemed like we were far enough away. I set the lantern down on the ground and turned around to face Anna.

"Hange told me briefly what happened. I-I don't know what to say." I reached out to take her hand, but she instantly pulled away in fear. She surprised herself with her reaction and stared down at her hand.