The End

Levi's POV

I helped Anna mount her horse with a few supplies on it, she pouted at me, insisting that she didn't need help, but I continued to baby her.

The ride to the ocean was a long one. We rode straight forwards for a few days, when it seemed like we were out of luck, we finally came across mounds of what looked like sand. There was a large wall, but to the side of the wall was a small opening for us to get though.

I unmounted my horse and watched all the kids run up the small hill. I waited for Anna and took hold of her hand. She seemed nervous for some reason.

"What is it?" I asked her as our hands intertwined with one another.

"This is all what Erwin and Father believed in and wanted to see. Is it really okay for me to be the one to see it?" She stared at the kids running up the hill.

"This is what they would want you to see. Live for them Anna, live for me." I took her face into my hands and forced her to look into my eyes.

"Thank you Levi. Thank you for reminding me." Her hands came up and touched mine and took them away from my face.

"I'm ready."

With that I took her hand and we both climbed the small sandy hill. What we saw was magnificent. The largest pool of clear blue water I had ever seen. I looked to Anna and her face was in shock. She quickly let go of my hand and ran to the water. Most of the kids had taken their shoes off and were wading in the salt water against my discretion. 

Anna took her shoes off and let the water splash onto her feet. Her face shriveled up into surprise.

"Cold!" She exclaimed and quickly ran back to the warmth of the sand.

"Careful, we don't entirely know what this stuff is." I warned them.

Hange totally disregarded me and picked up some sort of spiky creature.

"Hange put that down!" I warned her, yet it landed on def ears.

Anna put her feet in the water again and relished in the cool feeling.

"Levi! You should come join me, it's really nice actually!" Anna tried to convince me.

"You have fun, I'll stand by." I sighed, I had to babysit all these kids who were possibly exposing themselves to something poisonous. 

After a few minutes of walking around in the water, Anna finally came out and put her shoes back on. I watched her shove her feet back into her boots and then take her hair down.

"Hey Captain, follow me." Anna had a sly smile on her face, and her hair was framing her face perfectly.

"What are you scheming?" I sighed and unfolded my arms.

"Just come with me." Anna went back down the little hill and I followed her.

We were now behind the large wall and separated from the group. I questioned her motives for wanting to get me alone.

"Let's fight." She had a playful smile along her lips, I wasn't sure what she had planned.

"Why should I fight you?" I asked carefully.

"Just humor me." I was about to refuse, but she suddenly started charging at me.

I dodged to the left, but she swung her fist out quickly and went to hit my right arm. Good thing I was fast and blocked her using my two arms. She then went to punch my face, but I ducked and lifted my leg to hit her. She's quick on her feet and jumped away fast enough.

"Is that all you got, Captain?" The sarcasm in her voice annoyed the hell out of me, but I still couldn't tell why she was doing this.

I had enough of her game so I went to punch her face, she anticipated this and grabbed my fist and twisted it while kicking my leg causing me to fall to the ground. She let go of my fist and straddle my hips to hold me down.

"Fine you win, now what the hell was that?" I asked as I felt sand invade my personal space.

Anna simple sat on top of me with a large smile on her face and flashed me her hand which had a gold band wrapped around the ring finger. I questioned her at first, but then lifted up the fist she had grabbed and noticed a golden band on my ring finger as well.

"Anna...you-" I felt my breath hitch at her actions.

"I've always wanted a beach wedding." She smiled and bent down and hugged me tightly.

"You didn't know the beach existed until yesterday." I informed her while my face held a wide grin.

"Well I've known I wanted to be yours for a long time now." I could hear her heartbeat though my chest as she nuzzled her head into my neck.

"And I've wanted you for a while too." I admitted, I felt her sit up and look down at me.

"Let's make some vows shall we?" She had the same sly smile playing along her lips.

"Will you let me stand up?" I asked, annoyed at all the sand.

She smiled and stood up, reaching a hand out to me to help me stand. Once I was up I brushed all the disgusting sand off of me and turned to Anna who waited patiently.

I took both of her hands into mind and looked her her directly. There was so much I wanted to say to her.

"Levi, I vow to always be by your side no matter what. I will never stray from you, I will forever keep you in my heart." Anna had the most sincere look in her eyes.

"Anna, I vow to protect you for the rest of my life. I will stay by your side and cherish you forever. You will be the only one for me, and I will live my life in order to be with you." I never thought I could say such things, but Anna made these words possible for me. I was no longer a cold heartless man, Anna had brought warmth to me. She opened my eyes and allowed me to love her.

Anna smiled at my words, a small tear escaped her eye. I pulled her hands towards me and brought her face up for me to kiss her. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I held her waist close to me. We kissed passionately until we hear familiar voices coming closer. I pulled away and Anna's face was bright pink.

"Hey what are you two doing here, it's much funner in the water!" Connie said as Sasha poked her head over the hill as well.

"We- I mean I was-" I tired miserably tried to explain.

"Hey you two, get back over here! The captain is probably giving the new section commander some advice!" Hange came over and gathered the two kids up and pushed them on the other side of the hill.

Hange took a look at both of us for a second before going back up the hill herself.

"Congratulations you two." She smiled and left.

I looked down at my hand and saw the obvious ring on my finger that wasn't there minutes ago. Damn Hange and her high class observational skills. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair, stupid kids. 

I suddenly felt something crash into me, I looked down and saw Anna nuzzling her head into my neck.

"I love you." She said into me.

"I know, I love you too."

I brought her face up and kissed her lips softly.

After the hell we've both been through, I was glad we could at least share this moment and finally be together. I had no problem devoting my life to her, she was worth everything to me. If only I could hold her like this forever. One day we'll officially get married and then I won't have to hid it from those shitty brats. 

When Erwin died, I thought I lost her. I was afraid I had ruined everything and that I had lost the one person I loved, but she proved me wrong. Anna was strong, stronger than me in many ways. I may be humanities strongest soldier to the public, but Anna was truly humanities strongest soldier in my eyes. I will never let her go, she is the most precious person I have.