Unforgivable

Anna's POV

Before we left for our next scouting mission Levi announced me as team leader. I was surprised since earlier he didn't seem willing to let me lead anything.

"Congratulations!" Retia threw herself on me, her blond hair getting in my face as I struggle to stay standing.

"You deserve it." Miles came over and patted me on the back.

Kril and Ron both smiled and nodded in agreement. I looked over at the Captain who had already got onto his horse and was waiting for us to finish. His face held his usual annoyed expression. 

"Well, let's go guys!" I smiled and got onto my horse and the six of us rode out with three other squads.

We spent a few hours beyond the walls and had already taken down seven titans. I figured we would turn back by now, but the Captain kept pushing further. The sun was getting lower in the sky and we were still riding.

"Let's take a break here." Captain Levi rode up to a forest of giant trees.

"We should change our gas." A member of another squad spoke up.

I looked down at my own gas tank and realized I was running low, we all were running low probably. Suddenly we heard large foot steps approaching us fast. I turned to where the noise was coming from and noticed a large group of titans coming straight for us, an abnormal was running in the front.

"Get to the trees!" I yelled and deployed my ODM gear. All eighteen of us made it to the trees by the time the abnormal made it to us. 

It was a few meters to short to reach us, I was staring at it wondering if I should kill it when I suddenly saw a flash before my eyes. I blinked and saw Captain Levi had already disposed of it by the time my eyes opened. More titans flooded in and surrounded the two trees were were in. Three fifteen meter titans came rushing in. I looked to Miles and nodded, we both jumped off the tree and as he sliced the back of its knees I swung up high and dealt the killing blow. Once I landed I watched members of the other squads struggle with the other two. 

"Ahhh help me!" I turned and saw a soldier in the hands of a titan.

I rushed forwards, but I was too slow. The titan had already eaten the guy by the time I got there. I grappled onto it's neck and pulled myself towards it. It swung at me, but I dodged and grappled onto a branch above it's head and then gained momentum to cut into it's nape, killing it. I went back to the branch Miles was on and saw utter chaos. There were too many titans, people were dropping like flies. I saw Retia and Ron take down a fifteen meter titan, while Captain Levi killed another titan before it could grab at Kril.

I was running low on gas and the refills were down below with the horses. There were at least ten titans down there, and all of us were low on gas. Captain Levi made his way over to Miles and I.

"How's your gas?" He was breathless from killing titans.

"Low." Both Miles and I responded.

"There's too many damn titans and the other squads are diminishing in numbers." The Captain wasn't sugar coating the situation.

I saw Retia struggling with a titan and Kril rush over to help. I was too far away to do anything, all I could do was watch and hope they would be alright. A titan appeared in my vision and I quickly used my ODM gear to kill it costing me more gas.

"Ahh!" It was kril! I looked over and saw him in the hands of a titan

"Kril!" Miles jumped forwards and rushed to help Kril, I went to go help, but Captain Levi grabbed onto my arm stopping me.