The Forest

Anna's POV

Miles and I were busy running from the titans to realize we were separated from the group. My hand was throbbing, but I continued to kill titans to let Miles get away. I shouldn't care about his safety when moments ago he tried to kill me, but I couldn't stop myself from doing everything I could to give him time to run away.

Once he was out of my line of sight I figured it would be okay for me to run. After I passed a few trees I heard Miles screaming. I looked over and saw him on a branch on his knees pointing his sword at a titan. I grappled onto the back of the titan and dragged my blades through it's nape, killing it. I landed next to Miles and bent down.

"What's wrong?!" I was breathless, the wound on my hand was dripping blood, making it hard for me to hold my sword right.

"I-Im out. I'm o-out of gas!" Miles grabbed onto me crying.

"Get a hold of yourself!" I shoved Miles off of me and thought for a second.

There was around seven titans around us, and who knows how many more on the way to Captain Levi. I was already running low on blades, but I had enough gas to make it back to the others.

"Grab onto my back, tightly!" Miles sat and cried not moving.

"Hey you! Strong boy who tried to kill me! Do you want to die crying, or fighting?! We can make it out of this, I swear! Just grab onto me!" I turned my back to him and felt him slowly hold onto me by the neck.

I stood up and faced the titans. "This isn't over until we stop fighting, so let's keep fighting to the end!" I jumped off the branch and grappled onto various branches to gain momentum.

A titan reached out for us but I cut through it's hands and swung around its neck to kill it. I felt my left blade slip a little from all the blood pouring out of my wound. I gripped it harder and continued forwards. Another titan appeared, I grappled onto a taller branch and then to it's neck and pulled myself with force to it's nape. Using only my right blade I cut through it's nape. I continued this for three more titans, then all of my blades ran out.

"Let me use your blades!" I felt Miles nod his head and reloaded with his blades.

We continued to move forwards, any titan in my way I killed. Miles's grip on me was faltering, it was hard to gain as much momentum with two bodies in the air.

"Hold onto me properly!" I yelled at him and his grip tightened, almost strangling me.

I killed four more titans like this, I was almost running out of blades to use, and my left hand was hardly holding onto the sword. I felt so much pain in my neck and hand, I didn't know how much more I could take. While in the air I saw Captain Levi on a far away branch, between him and me was one more titan. I grappled onto the titans lower back and swung low cutting its knees then swinging up, I grappled onto its shoulder and with all the strength I had left I swung my two blades at it's nape. My left hand gave up in the middle so I pressed all of my strength into my right blade. It was enough to kill the monster, I grappled onto another branch and pulled myself and Miles up and swung to where Captain Levi was.

"Anna!" I heard his voice before I closed my eyes and tumbled onto the large branch he was on.

"Anna!" I heard him again, but I could hardly open my eyes.

I felt all the blood leaving my body through my hand, and my head was spinning from flying around with twice the weight.

"They're here!" After hearing the Captain's voice I heard three other ODM gears grapple to the branch we were on.

"Anna, stay with me. Wake up, you can't sleep yet soldier!" Captain Levi was shaking me and I slowly opened my eyes.

I looked around and saw the Captain on his knees sitting me up, Kril was talking to a crying Miles, and Ron and Retia looked at me with concern.