Titans

Anna's POV

Levi and I spent some time killing the rest of the titans in Trost. I had ordered my squad to help the vanguard, I selfishly went to find Levi. I knew he would be fine without me, but I couldn't help myself. I was used to being in close proximity to him at all times while out on the field that it felt weird being away from him. 

"Anna, there's a 10 meter to our left." Levi called my attention to a titan that looked like it was chasing someone.

"I got it." I grappled onto the houses and got around to it's back and slashed through it's nape.

I turned back around and noticed Levi killing another titan that was next to me. I landed on a roof and looked around for more titans. As I was looking, Levi landed next to me and started cleaning off his blade. I couldn't see anymore larger titans around, there could be 4 meters walking around the town still. It took hours for us to clear out the whole town, but we managed to accomplish it.

"Squad leader Anna." Franks, the team leader of my squad landed next to Levi and I. Two more of my soldiers came over as well.

"Walt and Yhar didn't make it." Franks reported to me. If only I stayed with them, they might of had a better chance of living.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead and faced my squad, looking them directly in the eyes.

"Their deaths were not in vain. We successfully took Trost back with their help and wall Rose is now patched up. They should be honored as heroes in our minds, let's not forget this." My voice was clear and straightforward, I could feel Levi's eyes on me as I spoke.

The five of us made it back to the temporary headquarters. After the struggle for Trost there was one thing that bugged me. How was that hole covered up? Levi and I jumped down from our horses. Before he could leave I grabbed onto his sleeve.

"We should find Erwin. He should know what's going on." Levi nodded and we both walked around to find Erwin.

He was busy ordering the remaining squads around, Levi and I waited for a moment behind him. He turned around and saw the two of us.

"You two, come with me." His voice was strict as he walked past us and to his office. 

I looked to Levi who simply shrugged his shoulders and started following Erwin. I followed as well wondering if he was going to inform us about the situation. Once we got to his office he made sure the door was sealed shut.

"There is a new recruit with the name Eren Jeager. He can apparently transform into a fifteen meter titan." Erwin stated this like it was a fact, Levi and I were shocked to hear this news.

"Huh, a brat who can turn into one of those ugly things." Levi folded his arms and thought about this.

I couldn't believe my ears, and how was Erwin so calm about this? I could only see this becoming a problem in the future.

"Where is he now?" I asked concerned.

"The military police took him to the jail cell under the courtroom. They'll have a hearing for him soon." Erwin seemed to be thinking hard about the situation we were in.

I could tell what he was planning, he wanted Eren to be in the custody of the scouts. I mean if we had a conscious titan who enjoyed killing other titans on our side, what could stop us? We could even take back wall Maria.

"You plan on bringing him to our side don't you?" I questioned my brother. He looked up at me and nodded, confirming my suspicion.

After that conversation I knew my brother must have a plan to get Eren on our side. Levi and I both walked out of his office, I turned to Levi who held his usual blank expression.

"What do you think about this?" I asked, curious about what he had to say.

"What does it matter what I think, Erwin is the one in charge of all of this. What he says goes." Levi shook off my question which was no surprise to me.

We parted ways, the next time I saw him was in the court house. I stood next to him while we waited for Eren Yeager to appear. Once he came in I realized he was just a teenager, how could someone like him be a ferocious titan? While the scouts and the military police argued for both of their points I could tell Eren was getting restless. While some well respected merchants started to pool in their own opinions the court house became a yelling contest. Eren finally lost it and yelled back, but I noticed Levi had left my side. I looked around for him and suddenly noticed him standing in front of Eren. He started to kick Eren, I could only stand and watch Levi absolutely break Eren. I felt sorry for the kid.

"You see, I'm not really afraid of him. Who cares if he can turn into a titan when I can simply beat him into obedience." After hearing Levi say this I suddenly understood the plan. Of course Levi would be the one responsible for Eren's life.

After the court hearing was through and Eren was successfully in the hands of the scouts I finally had the opportunity to meet him. We were in a separate room in the court house, Hange was gushing over his lost tooth and Levi sat next to him, the poor kid was terrified to be next to him.

"Hi Eren, I'm Anna, it's nice to meet you." I bent down in front of him and held out my hand. He hesitantly shook it and smiled back.

"Careful Eren, piss her off and she'll rip your arms off." Levi's deep voice reached my ears and I turned to him with an annoyed expression on my face.

"Will you shut up. Look who's talking." I stood up and rolled my eyes at Levi's stupid comment.

Eren looked between Levi and me, probably determining which one to be more afraid of. Erwin told Eren what he planned to do with him, Eren seemed to agree with this plan, but repeatedly stated that he didn't know how his powers worked. Hange seemed excited to get to know Eren's powers better, she was thrilled to see that Eren's knocked out tooth had already grown back.

After they took Eren away I nudged Levi with my elbow.

"Did you have to beat the kid up that badly? He's only a teenager, is that what you would've done to me when I was first on your squad?" I asked curiously, knowing he would rebuttal with some sarcastic comment.

"I only did that to him to convince Darius Zackly that I could control him. You, I've never had control over." He rolled his eyes and walked past me.

Funny, I always felt like he had perfect control over me while I was on his squad. I mean, I would always do what he asked and I never fought back...well that's if we don't count that one time I tackled him, or when I told him to piss off. Actually, I guess he was right, Levi had minimal control over me when I was on his squad.

I'm surprised Levi never used drastic means against me when I tackled him. He could've thrown me behind bars for insubordination, but instead he promoted me to the job I have now. Levi sure was a tough one to read into, but over the years I feel like I know him a bit better than when I was first on his squad. He isn't as rough on the inside as he appears to be, I can't count how many times he's made me feel better just by talking to me. I really appreciated him, and the more I think about it, the more I want to stay by his side for as long as I can.