Healing

Anna's POV

It was clear to me now why Erwin assigned me to Captain Levi's squad, it was to protect me. I love my brother, but for as long as I could remember he has always decided what was best for me. When will it be my turn to decide for myself? And here the Captain was saying that he would risk his life for me, that's somehow hard to believe with his attitude. That last thing I want is someone throwing away their life for me.

"Captain, you don't have to go that far. I can protect myself and I think you know that." I spoke up after a brief moment of silence.

"Quiet Anna, this order is coming from both myself and the Commander. You are in no place to refuse." The Captain looked at me with narrowed eyes. I guess now wasn't the time for me to speak up for myself. I'm out ranked by the two other people in this room.

"Yes sir." I lowered my head and chose not to fight back.

"Well I don't have to worry too much about you while you're here resting. I must go back to my work, but I will come see you later tonight." Erwin stood up and patted my head lightly before leaving. The Captain didn't move from where he was sitting, my eyes turned to him slightly afraid of what he would say.

"So now I have to babysit while killing titans." He crossed his legs and folded his arms, almost pouting.

"I'm sorry Captain, I'll do my best to not be a burden to you." My voice was small, afraid that I would mess up and say something wrong and piss him off.

"The Commander must not know much about your skill level. I won't have to do much to keep you safe. Just don't go out of your way to play the hero like you did last time." I heard him scoff as he rolled his eyes.

"Yes sir." I wanted to fight back and tell him that's not why I saved Miles, but I knew it would be a losing battle.

"Good. Just stay obedient and don't lash out, that's what will save both of our asses." The Captain stood up and walked towards the door.

"Yes sir." Staying obedient was the one thing other than killing titans that I was good at.

"I'll inform the rest of our squad that you're awake. I don't want to be stuck in here keeping you company all day like the last few days." With that he closed the door.

Was the Captain really in here for the few days I was unconscious? Erwin must have put him up to that, there's no way he would willingly stay here with me for that long. I wonder what I'm supposed to do with an injured hand, just sit in bed all day? I guess that's what my brother hopes for.

I looked out the window, the sun was shinning brightly today, not a cloud in the sky to be seen. I wish I could go outside the walls and get away from this suffocating place. The reason I begged my brother to let me be a scout was so that I could leave the walls and see the world beyond this prison. Now, I'm definitely stuck here for at least a few months.

I sunk further into the soft bed and hid half of my face under the sheet. I could already tell I was going to be bored out of my mind for a while. Is there nothing I can do while I'm injured?

"Anna!" I heard Retia's voice behind the door and sat up quickly.

"Come in!" 

Right as I said that three bodies busted through the door. Kril, Ron, and Retia were all here with large smiles on their faces. Retia took a seat right next to me while Kril and Ron brought over chairs to sit at the foot of my bed.

"Anna, how are you? I was so relieved when Captain Levi told us you were awake." Retia took my right hand into both of her hands, she had a worried look on her face.