Injuries

Anna's POV

After minister Nick finally cracked and told us about a girl named Krista, or should I say Historia, I and the other four started to get ready to head off. As Eren was gearing up Levi spoke with him first.

"Eren, don't get emotional and end up screwing this mission up. Learn the meaning of restraint and keep a cool head, or else you'll fuck this up." Levi was serious as he addressed Eren, it made sense since Eren does tend to get emotional sometimes.

"Yes sir!" He quickly said and ran off towards his horse, Mikasa and Armin followed behind. I was about to leave, but Levi grabbed my arm before I could go.

"And you, don't try to be a hero out there. You better come back alive, I won't be there to protect you this time." I could tell he was trying to be firm with me, but it also seemed like he was anxious about me leaving.

"Levi, I promise I'll come back safe and sound. Have some faith in me." I removed his hand that was holding me back and smiled at him. I realized he was concerned because this would be the first mission I go on without him.

I heard him sigh as I turned around and ran to catch up with Hange and her squad. I quickly got on a horse and we rode off into the night, leaving Levi behind. We rode for a few hours until we came upon Utgard Castle which was infested with titans. Hange lead us forwards and I deployed my ODM gear. I swung high as I cut down a titan directly in front of the group. After a few minutes all of Hange's squad was in the air killing titans. I killed at least four before we rounded up all of the soldiers who were stranded at the castle. After everyone had been secured we rode back to the wall. 

It felt weird killing titans when Levi wasn't around. I was so used to always seeing him flash by me while taking out titans. This time I kept an eye out for Eren, I knew Mikasa would be enough to protect him, I just wanted to make sure he was safe. It was hard keeping track of Eren while also fighting titans, I guess this is what Levi feels like all the time with me.

Once we made it back onto the wall I followed Hange while she ordered us to stay on stand by. A garrison soldier named Hannes informed us that there was no breach in the wall. We all looked at him like he was crazy. That didn't explain the titans that were within wall Rose.

"What do you think about this Hange?" I asked her as we walked along the wall.

"I'm not sure what to think, but I'm curious about this other girl Ymir who can also transform like Eren." Hange seemed deep in thought.

"It seems like there's more of them that can transform than we thought." As I said this I saw a flash of light.

I turned around and saw both the armored titan and colossal titan on the wall. The armored titan had Eren in it's hand as it jumped down and the colossal titan took Ymir. I quickly looked down the wall and saw Eren also transform into his titan form and try to fight the armored titan. I grimaced knowing their plan was to kidnap Eren.

The colossal titan was on the wall right in front of all of us. I decided to risk it and ran towards it and deployed my ODM gear latching onto it's shoulder. I pulled myself closer, but it suddenly released searing hot steam which caused my hook to unhook and a blasting steam attacked me, sending me flying. I landed roughly on the top of the wall and was dragged across the rough ground while hot steam continued to burn my skin. The colossal titans steam attack had a huge radius and put most of us out.

I could hardly feel my body, I could tell there were burns on all parts of my exposed skin. I tried to get up, but fell back to the ground. I hated feeling so weak. All I could do was lay here while Eren was fighting the armored titan.