Closer

Anna's POV

So much had happened to me in the last twenty four hours. My head was pounding, but I did my best to endure through the pain. I was surprised that I was able to fend off any attacks while we were underground. I did get a bit zealous at one point and used a good amount of my gas to slice through the enemies. I currently was feeling the consequences of that with a good headache and sore wrists that were still bleeding from earlier. I was just thankful that I was with Levi, seeing him made all of my pain and agony melt away.

The worst part was seeing my brother. I was thrilled that he was still alive, but I didn't want him to find out what happened to me. I'm not sure how he would react which is what scares me.

We were atop wall of Orvud District waiting to see if our plan would be successful. The large titan that was Rod Reiss was quickly approaching.

"Anna." I heard a familiar voice call to me. 

"Yes?" I gingerly asked as I turned around to face my brother.

"What happened to you. Your neck it's.... please tell me what happened." Erwin had a look of concern in his eye, even though we were about to fight the largest titan we had seen, Erwin was still concerned for me.

"I-It's a long story I guess." I rubbed the back of my head and hopped that he wouldn't mention how horse my voice sounded.

"What did those MP's do to you? You've obviously been strangled, your voice is shot, your neck looks like a battleground, and you have bandages on your head and wrists. Should I even allow you to fight?" Erwin reached down to take my hands, but I instinctively pulled away, which only concerned him more.

"I promise to tell you everything once this fight it over with. Right now we should be focused." I sighed as I tried to turn the subject away from me.

"Fine, I will wait, but don't over exert yourself today." Erwin finally let me off the hook and went back to his position.

 It would be impossible for me to over exert myself since I've already done that. My head was throbbing in pain, and my vision wasn't the best, but I still had to push through. I was staring straight ahead, blinking as much as possible trying to clear up my blurry vision. Levi noticed me struggling and walked over to where I was positioned.

"You can sit this one out you know." Since there were so many other people around us, Levi used his usual strict tone with me.

"I can't, we need as many people in the air as possible. That thing will explode into who knows how many pieces. I can cut at least five before having to land again, I think I'm needed here." I knew Levi could tell that I wasn't at my peak performance, but I couldn't just sit by while everyone else tried their best.

"You're so damn stubborn. After this you are to go to your room and stay in there for at least three days. You've been working off of pure adrenaline and that's it, what did I tell you about playing the hero." Levi condescending words and stone cold look on his face made me want to punch him because I knew he was right.

"I'm not playing the hero, I just want to help." Levi was exhausting me.

"Why don't you stop pretending to be strong. You're obviously lying to yourself if you think you can perform at top level." I hated it when Levi was right, but I couldn't back down now.

"Levi! Just leave me be. You may be right about everything you're saying, but that doesn't change the fact that I still want to fight alongside my comrades." I stared him down hoping he would understand my seriousness.

Levi sighed and looked around and noticed a few scouts looking at our argument. He rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to me.

"Just don't get yourself even more hurt and we won't have a problem." I heard him sigh again and then walk back to his own position. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and shake my head, Levi was trying his best to take care of me, but I'm just too stubborn.