New Squad

Levi's POV

Anna actually asked if I would've beaten her into submission when she was on my squad. Is she fucking stupid? She was pretty surprised that I beat Eren so hard in the court house, what other choice did I have though? Thinking about it, even if Anna was to point her blade at me I don't think I would fight her back. I've protected her well enough for this long, I wouldn't turn the tables on her and attack her just for not following orders. Given how I feel about her now, there's no way I'd lay a finger on her. I'm hoping that if I keep my distance from her my feelings will subside, plus having feelings for her would be an uphill battle. With our jobs, I wouldn't doubt that one of us would die.

Erwin asked me to form a squad of people I trusted to take care of Eren with. My new job was to watch Eren carefully, kill him if need be, but protect him at all costs. Yay, a new babysitting job. Like keeping track of Anna while she was out killing titans wasn't hard enough. Since I'm tasked with protecting Eren, I better not start developing feelings for him like I did with Anna, that would be hell.

I carefully choose members for my new squad, making sure they each had sharp senses and were able to stay on edge the whole time. There was only one more person that I thought would do well on my squad, but I would have to convince them to retract their current rank.

I walked around the temporary headquarters to find who I was looking for. I found them conveniently talking with Hange in the courtyard.

"Anna, I have a favor to ask of you." Anna stopped her conversation and turned to me.

"That's rare of you to ask, what is it?" Both her and Hange were looking at me strangely, was it really weird for me to ask someone for a favor, god.

"Join my special operations squad." I wanted to get distance from her, but I still had to protect her. It would be easier if I had both of my responsibilities in one place. Plus, she was one of the best soldiers we had, skill wise I needed her.

"You want Anna to give up her squad leader position?" Hange questioned me, but I nodded my head.

"Yes. I need your skill Anna, but would you be willing to let go of your position as squad leader to help me with Eren?" I knew I was asking a lot of her, but this would make both of my jobs easier.

"I'll join your squad, I don't mind letting go of my title. I didn't want it in the first place." Anna shrugged her shoulders and made it seem like I was asking her a simple question.

"We start tomorrow. We're going to an old base of operations to train Eren. Be ready by tomorrow morning." It felt weird ordering her around again, but she didn't seem to mind.

"Yes sir." She smiled briefly before returning to her usual serious face. Maybe I shouldn't have asked her to join.

"I'm glad you'll be there Anna, I'll be around that area too. I get to run experiments on the titan boy!" Hange excitedly nudged Anna who smiled in response.

"Can't wait to see you there then Hange." Anna and Hange had gotten closer than I remembered.

After the two were done pronouncing their love for each other I walked away to inform Erwin of my decision. He would most likely approve since Anna would stay under my protection along with Eren.

"Commander." I knocked on his door and he allowed me in.

"I've decided to add Anna to my special operations squad." Erwin looked up at me and nodded.

"That sounds like a wise decision. Have you already chosen the other members of the squad?"

"Yes. They all should do well with protecting or fighting against Eren." Erwin hummed in response, agreeing with me.