Meeting Him

Betty's POV
I was getting ready to look after my charge until...he's okay. I looked at my dad and he kissed my forehead "be safe...here's your money in case you want or need something. Be safe alright? And I'll be checking up on you every now and then okay?" I nodded and teleported to the human world I was getting some nice pink shoes on with a white dress. I let my hair down and put on a white coat and and left the hotel room. I was walking around and went to a diner and got some food and walked to his house. I knocked and rang the doorbell and saw a little girl standing there "I'm sowy...I can't invite stwangers..." I shook my head and kneeled down "I'm not stranger...I'm here to help your brother...call me..an angel..." she smiled "ones from the sky?!" I nodded and said "but it's our secret, you promise to keep it?" She nodded and I said "want some pops?" She nodded and we sat down "awe you weally a angel!" I nodded and helped her sit and handed her some fries and ice cream suddenly her parents and Jughead walked in and saw me "we weren't expecting visitors! Jellybean! What did we say!" Jellybean looked at me and smiled to her parents "she said she wasn't a stwanger pwease let her stay mommy pwease!" I smiled and her mom said "thank you for taking care of her it's difficult between Jughead's therapy meetings.." I shook my head "I actually got all of you Pops...umm I'm not playing hard to get! I'm just...new here...and being homeschooled isn't as good either...especially when you don't know anyone..." they smiled and said "your welcome any time...I forgot your name" I smiled and said "Betty Cooper my full name is Elizabeth but people call me Betty." They nodded and sat down as they ate Pops and they asked "so where did you attend school before?" I gulped and said "Florida...yea I moved from there cause...I hated it there..." they nodded "why?" I sighed and shrugged "people weren't nice to me, and it gets really hard after awhile, especially when you don't think your good enough for you parents, it takes a toll on you..." Jughead looked at me and I sighed and said "my father...moves a lot...for his work purposes and every time...we move I'm the freak of the campus..." I rubbed my elbows and they all stared at their son and I looked at him too "Jughead why don't you show her around?" I looked at him and smiled lightly he gulped and shrugged "I-I'm not sure..." I shrugged "it's fine...I just...have no friends...I'll just go..." I began walking out until I felt a hand hold my arm I looked and saw him and smiled "you saved me...so fine...I'll do it." I smiled and he said "we will go right now!" He then dragged me out and shut the door, I was surprised and he said "sorry...I didn't want to continue on and embarrass myself..." I giggled and touched his arm "I meant what I said...you don't have to go through any of that alone..." he nodded and shrugged "it's just hard when your me because...not many people...like me." I smiled and said "well...I can find many reasons why I like you..." he smiled and nodded lightly and he said "so...your dad...is he scary?" I giggled and shook my head "he's actually the most sweetest person ever, unless you hurt me then he's all...demon mode" he chuckled and said "sorry if I'm rubbing my eyes, I got contacts because..my parents think it's better then broken glasses" I sighed and shrugged. "I know your new...but if your available...I have tickets...to go and see this drive in movie. It's this weekend...and since your my only friend wanna hang out? Do homework with each other? At the park? And all?" I smiled and nodded holding his hand "I'd like that a lot..." he nodded and he said "come with me" I nodded and he took me to the bridge. "I'm a photographer...I usually would come here to look at the water...listen to the birds." I sighed and rubbed his arm and said "it's okay, it's alright." He sniffled "sometimes I ask...why don't people like me..." I sighed "cause they're idiots" he looked at me and I smiled and climbed onto the ledge and sat and kicked my legs "don't let other people justify what they don't know, do you really think half of them are amazing big brothers or sisters! Do you think... they even have parents who support them or care for them! They're waisting there time cause they're miserable!" He bit his lip and said "I tried to kill myself, can't compete with that" I sighed and said "some kids would've died... or...they would've not wanted to try, at least a little." I sniffled and said "don't fight it..." he nodded and I smiled I playfully shoved him and he playfully shoved me...but I lost my balance...and began falling.

Jughead's POV
Betty fell and I gasped "Betty!" I then carefully dropped down and grabbed her "I-I can't swim..." I dragged her to the shore and she coughed "I never learned how to swim...I'm sorry..." I sighed and shook my head and rubbed my face "I'm sorry Betty..." she shook her head and coughed "I'm really really sorry..." she shook her head and laid down "I need some... air..." I nodded and laid down next to her and held her she sniffled and said "swimming was the number one thing my mom loved to do... I'm scared of the water...because every time I see it...it reminds me of her." I sighed and she cried and I hugged her she sniffled and I said "it's okay alright?" She nodded and I rubbed her shoulder and kissed her head and held her as she cried.