A Little Hope

Betty's POV
I was at the little home getting the food ready, I was fixing my hair in the mirror and my small dress. Suddenly the doorbell rang, I ran and saw Jughead in something nice, not a suit but cleaned very well. I giggled and kissed him saying "you look handsome..." he smiled and said "I'm just really nervous...so I brought my glasses because I was to shaky to put my contacts in" I smiled and fixed his collar while saying "it's completely fine...I'm not ashamed of loving you...it'll possibly never change." He smiled and kissed me again I smiled and let him in closing the door. He gulped and fixed his jacket "I'm nervous..." I smiled and kissed his cheek "don't worry, he will love you, but not as much as I do." He smiled and the doorbell rang he began freaking out and I let him sit on the couch and ran to the door, I saw my dad and I hugged him "I'm happy you could make it" he smiled "i only did this for you and I would only do it for you." I nodded and led him to Jughead "dad...this is Jughead, Jughead this is my dad" Jughead smiled shaking his hand "thank you, it's amazing to meet you Mr Cooper" my dad smiled and said "polite" he whispered and stopped shaking his hand. I smiled and said "dad...I need to tell you something...about Jughead" he groaned "is he a wolf Elizabeth?" I sighed and said "dad...Jughead...has no powers...nothing supernatural...hes human." It took him a second to comprehend what I was saying suddenly he grabbed Jughead's collar and pinned him to the wall. I gasped and yelled "dad!" He shoved him against the wall saying "you stupid humans! You don't know the first thing about anything! For all I know your using my daughter!" He gulped and said "Mr Cooper I would never do that to any girl..." my dad yelled "how would I know that! Being around a angel makes you humans do stupid things and you think you can get away! Now I see why she went to save Veronica! Because you wanted her too!" I pushed my father off Jughead and went in between them "stop! Dad! That is not true! I went to save Veronica because I would've done it either I had Jughead or not." I stared at him and said "but no dad...it's different with Jughead, I don't have to be different! I can be myself...and he wouldn't care..." he sighed and Jughead said "I'm sorry Mr Cooper...but I'm in love with your daughter...and that's not going to change." I smiled lightly saying "it's true dad...I'm in love with him too." I said as I held Jughead's hand he sighed and left the house I looked down and looked at Jughead "he will come to his senses..." he sighed and I grabbed his arm "don't feel down alright? Think happy thoughts?" He let go of my hand and went to sit on the couch, I groaned and walked outside.  I saw my dad and I caught up to him "dad..." he looked at me and I said "can we talk?" He grew just wings and began flying, I grew mine and flew up and caught up to him "dad...please please comeback." He looked at me and sighed "why? Why should I?" I sniffled and said "because your my dad...and you promised me since mom died you'd never leave me..." he flew over to me and slowly flew us down. We retracted our wings and he said "Betty all I've ever wanted was to make you happy, your mother even made me promise to make you happy..." I looked at him and said "but why hurt him?" He bit his bottom lip and said "I know humans can't fall in love with us...so I figured nothing could ever happen...but...I see the way you look at him...I just wanted be the only person to love you and I know it's selfish, but I hate seeing my little girl grow up." I smiled and hugged him he rubbed my back I said "I'll always be your daughter...I'll always be the little girl you want me to be, but I have to grow up. And yes humans can't fall in love with us. But what Jughead and I have is real, I can feel it and he does too. I just want a normal life...and normal to me is being happy with the ones you love, please let me be happy." He smiled and nodded, I smiled and hugged him again he sighed and said "I'm sorry for overreacting, I just hate seeing my only daughter grow up" I giggled and brought him back to the house and I saw Jughead eating out of nervousness, it's something he does but I don't judge. He stopped and I grabbed his hands and said "Jughead...it's okay alright? Dad...Jughead... Jughead my dad." He sighed and said "I'm sorry Mr Cooper..." my dad shook his head "I'm sorry for my behavior...but I'd love to get to know you Jughead." I smiled and Jughead nodded and we began eating. After the dinner was over my dad said "I should get home, for all I know no one is doing their job" I nodded and he kissed my head saying "be safe!" I nodded and Jughead said "goodbye Mr Cooper" my dad chuckled "it's not a goodbye, you haven't seen the last of me" I smiled and he grew out his wings and left, I smiled and Jughead rubbed my lower back. I looked at him and said "I love you..." he kissed me and said "I love you too..," I smirked and pushed him inside the house as I closed and locked the door.