Beautiful Days

Betty's POV
I was getting ready for my date. I used a curling iron to make my hair wavy, I smiled and lightly hair sprayed my hair and had a nice baby pink shirt underneath my white overalls and pink stockings with white stars. I walked downstairs with a pink sweater around my waist and saw my dad "I'm gonna go out and look after the guy..." he nodded and said "be safe!" I smiled and left I grew my wings and flew down to see him. I got to his house and knocked on the door, Jughead opened it and I smiled he did too and I asked "you ready?" He nodded and said "mom! I'll be back soon!" He closed the door and he grabbed my hand and we went in the car and began driving. When we were at the Drive In we watched, Rebel Without a Cause. As we watched I shoved popcorn in his face he scoffed and I giggled he sighed and rubbed my shoulder "I don't know how I deal with you..." I smiled and held him as his arm was wrapped around me I ate popcorn and I felt...human. This is what humans do! When the movie ended we drove to a remote area and looked at the stars and just talked "so...how's life at home been?" He shrugged "it's been okay?" I sighed and asked "what about school?" He sighed "same old, same old" I turned to look at him and grabbed his arm but he winced and I was confused and said "what's wrong?" He gulped and I grabbed his arm and pulled his sleeve up seeing bruises and cuts on his wrist "Jughead!?" He looked down and I said "why do this to yourself! This isn't a way to cope!" He then yelled "it doesn't matter how I cope! I deal with everything on my own, do you not know how it feels like to think that your weak?! That your...your worthless! That your little sister thinks your weak and not as your big brother!" I sighed and said "but that doesn't matter...Jug...it's awful! Do you think your parents want to see you dead when you cut too deep!" He looked away and I sniffled saying "if you do this...it's not gonna be pretty." He sighed and said "I already have so many scars...few new ones won't hurt." I shook my head "so your telling me you would rather die...then graduating! Getting in college! Getting married having kids! See Jellybean grow up and do the same thing! Is that what you want!?" He yelled "I don't know what I want! My whole life I've been told that the world wouldn't care if I wasn't here! That...I'm better off dead then ever existing..." I shook my head holding his hand "never...never Jughead...your life means so much...don't let it go to waist..." he sighed and I kissed him he held my cheek and I cried and said "don't do it again...please...if you ever think you will call me..." he nodded and I kissed him again and sniffled and said "let's get you home okay?" He nodded and we began driving, we got back and went to his room since it was really late, he passed out on his bed and I grabbed his arm and closed my eyes using my powers to heal him. Once I did I kissed his head saying "goodnight..." and I walked out.

Jughead's POV
I woke up the next day and rubbed my eyes and went into the bathroom and went into my drawers and taking off my box cutter that was taped. I sighed and ran to my backyard and grabbed my moms shovel and buried it into the dirt. I looked up and smiled lightly and turned back to my house and went inside. I was typing up on my computer when Jellybean walked inside and into my bed "you shouldn't be up this early..." she rubbed her eyes and said "I had a scary dream..." I sighed and turned my laptop off, I went inside the covers and she sniffled saying "please don't leave me..." I sighed and said "what was the dream about?" She sniffled and said "you wouldn't wake up... and I saw two meanies..." I rubbed her back and smiled saying "I'm never leaving you...not now not ever..." she nodded and said "you pinky promise?" I chuckled and nodded "pinky promise." She smiled and hugged me and I stroked her hair lightly crying and kissing her head and smiling just thinking...Betty's right. If I leave now...I'll never see my little sister grow up, and I want to see her grow up from a little girl to an adult, a beautiful, confident girl. I want her to be happy, and not feel like she was at fault or anything...I need to teach her things once she's older, I need to love her for the rest of my life she's always gonna be my baby sister. And I'm always going to love her so...I'm gonna do right and try to get better.