The Meeting

TW: Meetings

"So kid," Tony Stark said, sipping his coffee. "Since you're the heir the Stark Industries, I thought it would be good if you attended a meeting with me today."

Peter choked on his cereal.

"What?" he spluttered.

"I think it's time you start to learn the ropes," Tony replied.

"O-okay."

"Good, meet me on the sixty-eighth floor in ten minutes," the billionaire instructed, putting his plate in the sink. "And just wear what you normally do."

The young Stark inhaled the rest of his breakfast and ran to his room.

He picked out a shirt that said "You Matter, Unless You Multiply Yourself By The Speed of Light. Then You Energy" and some jeans.

He brushed his teeth, combed his hair then ran to the elevator, just in time. Mr. Stark was already waiting for him.

Peter fidgeted the entire way down the hallway. Eventually, Tony had to tell him to stop.

"Hello people that I don't know your names," Tony greeted, walking into the conference room. "This is my personal intern, Peter, and heir to SI. I thought he could join us today!"

Mutters of agreement rippled through the room.

At first, the young boy was tense and quiet, but by the end, two hours later, he had opened up and was seeing the committee out.

"It's standard to see them to the exit," the billionaire whispered in Peter's ear as they headed to the elevator.

                           ~

Ned was panicking.

His class had a field trip to SI and Peter wasn't answering his calls or texts.

"Was Parker too scared to come today?" Flash taunted.

"No, I think he stayed home," Ned replied calmly.

"With his daddy? What was his name? RDJ or something? Ha! Loser."

"Hi, you must be Midtown," a girl with dirty blonde hair said. "I'm Annabeth Chase and I'll be your tour guide. You all have already received your badges so just walk single file through the scanner. Then wait on the other side."

Once the class had walked through, Annabeth led them towards the elevator.

Before they reached them, the doors opened revealing about a half dozen people.

One of them was Tony Stark. He had his arm around a boy with curly hair, but the boy was facing the other way so they couldn't see his face.

"It was nice to meet you."

The kid turned his head.

"Peter?" Mr. Harrison gasped. "You aren't supposed to be here!"

Peter noticed his class and paled. He whispered something to Tony Stark and he nodded.

"Hi," Peter said. The group except for Peter and Tony stepped out of the elevator and the doors closed again.

"WHAT JUST HAPPENED?"

Sorry this was really short.