The Soul Stone

TW: Talking raccoon, IW flashbacks

"I'm sorry."

Those were Peter Parker's last words to Tony Stark before he died. Or so he thought.

Peter opened his eyes to blinding white nothingness. He slowly sat up, not feeling hungry, thirsty or tired like he knew he should've been.

"Hello?" he called.

"Hi?"

Peter spun around and saw Bucky Barnes.

One by one, more people showed up. Sam, Laura, Cooper, Lila, Nathaniel, Fury, T'Challa, Dr. Strange, Groot, Wanda, Drax, Mantis, Peter Q. All of them.

The days passed and everyone had some sort of a routine.

Peter Parker normally sat away from the group but occasionally, the other Peter say with him.

Dr. Strange meditated alone and Peter assumed he was checking in on the real world.

Nick Fury paced until one day, when a cat showed up. He then sat played with it.

Sam and T'Challa talked quietly, discussing their adventures. Occasionally, Wanda listened in.

Laura, Nathaniel, Cooper, and Lila sat away from the group, feeling as if they were intruding. Peter eventually invited them over and they were the only ones he would talk to.

Drax, Mantis, and Groot mourned the loss of Gamora but they migrated closer to the rest over time.

Bucky and Wanda chatted quietly, occasionally having a break down. Bucky helped Wanda through her time of grieving Vision.

This went on for a long time until Peter realized something. They couldn't bring themselves back. It was up to those who were still living. Peter told the others and they agreed.

From that day on, the Soul Stone was much more active.

Dr. Strange allowed Nathaniel to play with his cloak. He thought it was the best thing ever.

When Nathaniel wasn't playing with the cloak, he talked to Groot. Apparently, the young child spoke Groot so they had lengthy conversations that no one understood.

Peter soon taught Bucky, Peter Q, and Wanda the art of vines and memes.

Cooper listened, enraptured to T'Challa's stories of Wakanda and the technology there.

Fury introduced his cat, which wasn't a cat but a flerken. Everyone enjoyed having a pet.

Sam, Bucky, Drax, and Mantis traded stories about life on Earth and in space.

Wanda often talked to Laura and Lila when she wasn't learning from Peter.

Everyone was good for now.

                           ~

Day 270 in the soul stone," Strange narrated to no one in particular.

The Peters were singing "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST" as loud as they could.

Bucky was chasing Sam around, the latter having stolen his arm.

"Wilson, give me back my arm!"

Laura, Cooper, Lila, Nathaniel, Drax, and Mantis were sleeping.

Wanda was having one of her bad days were she remembered Vision.

T'Challa was also having a terrible day so they cried together, getting through it.

"I am Groot."

"You've said the exact same thing since you got here and I still don't care," Fury noted.

"Someone save me," the doctor whispered.

                             ~

"Hey guys?" Peter asked. It had been roughly five years since they were first snapped into the stone. "Does anyone else feel...different?"

"You're right..." Cooper said.

"Aah!" Peter screamed. His leg was crumbling all over again.

"What's happening?" Sam asked.

"I assume we're returning to the normal world," Strange speculated.

"Well if that's the case," Bucky said, almost completely dust. "I'll see you on the other side."

Peter's vision went completely black. He could feel the rocky ground beneath him and slowly opened his eyes.

He was back on Titan with Drax, Peter Quill, Mantis, and Dr. Strange.

"It's been five years, c'mon they need us," the doctor commanded. Then he started doing the yellow sparkly thing he does all the time.

Together, they walked through the portal to what would be the fight of their lives.