You Forgot Something

Peter wasn't supposed to know Scott or Clint. But life happens.

They met one day when Clint was showing Scott the best way to the kitchen through the vents. They stumbled across a teenager eating a churro.

They became fast friends.

It wasn't that Tony didn't want his son to know them, he just wanted Peter to not be overwhelmed.

~

Peter had left for school fifteen minutes ago when Clint hopped out of the vents.

He made himself a cup of coffee and Scott walked in. He glanced at something on the counter and frowned.

"What's that?" Clint asked, gesturing to the paper he was looking at.

"Looks like Pete's homework."

And that's how two Avengers ended up crawling through Midtown High's ventilation system thirty minutes later.

~

Peter was sitting in class, not paying attention, when his enhanced senses picked up whispering.

"-the right way?"

"I think!"

"You better be right!"

Those voices sounded familiar. Too late, Peter realized who they were.

Crash.

When the dust settled, the students looked back to see Hawkeye and Ant-Man sitting in the wreckage of the third row of desks.

"See? It was the right way!" Clint said as he threw up his hands in triumph.

The teacher was too dazed to do anything except stare.

"What are you guys doing here?" Peter hissed, helping Scott up.

"Oh right!" He handed Peter his Pre-Calculus homework. "You forgot this!"

The class was shocked. Here was nerdy, shy, Peter Parker having two Avengers bring him his homework.

"What if he saw you?" Peter asked.

"Chillax, he didn't," Clint reassured.

"BIRDBRAIN, TIC TAC!" someone roared from down the hall.

"Scratch everything I just said," Clint yelped.

"That's our cue!" Scott said, shrinking.

Clint scurried up into the wreckage of the vents with a miniaturized Scott on his shoulder.

The door burst open to reveal Tony Stark.

A girl fainted.

"Hey kid, have you seen two idiots?" Tony asked Peter.

Shuffling from the vents.

"Found 'em. C'mon out now!"

The duo reluctantly climbed down and Scott returned to his normal size.

"You know these two?" Tony asked Peter. "We'll talk about this later."

Peter sighed.

"Let's go."

Peter acted fine on the outside but on the inside, he was extremely worried for Clint and Scott. The last time they angered Tony, they disappeared. Two weeks later there were sightings of Ant-Man and Hawkeye in New Zealand.

"It was nice knowing you," Peter said solemnly.

"You too, kid!" Clint agreed.

"I'll keep an eye on New Zealand," Peter promised.

"Make sure no one eats my orange slices!" Scott called right before being dragged out of the room.

~

Three weeks later, Scott and Clint stumbled into the tower with ice and macaroni all over them. No one could figure out what happened and the only thing they would say was "Worse than New Zealand."