Platonic Soulmate AU

Sorry I haven't been active. I just didn't have inspiration to write. 

Warning: Sharpies

Pre-Civil War, Scott never went to jail, there are multiple types of soulmates

✖✖✖

soul mate

/ˈsōl ˌmāt/

noun

a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or romantic partner

✖✖✖

Peter laughed as he looked at his arm.

"Talking to your soulmate again?" Ned questioned.

Peter smiled. "Yeah, look what he said." Peter held out his forearm so Ned could get a clear view of the hasty message.

Adults are idiots, stay young.

Ned laughed, which earned a few sidelong glances from neighboring students.

The bus hit a bump in the road and Peter's hand slipped while he was writing a reply. The sharpie slipped, sending a black streak from his elbow to his wrist.

Sorry, he scribbled. I'm on a bus.

Better than me :( Where are you going?

Peter hesitated. Field trip.

Well let me know how it goes. A pause. Oh great, they caught me again

You should get back to work, I won't disturb you anymore.

Work. Oh joy.

Have fun, old man. 

Peter capped his marker and slid it into a side pouch in his backpack.

"Dude, you might wanna see this." Ned tapped Peter's shoulder insistently. 

Out of the grimy window, stood Stark Industries. It loomed over all the neighboring buildings as if to say it was their superior.

Peter blinked a few times, in an attempt to clear the fog from his eyes. Surely, he must be dreaming.

"I-Is this r-real?" He stammered, but Ned was to awestruck to respond.

The cliché yellow school bus stopped right in front the main entrance. A few interns bustled around in the lobby, going about their normal routines.

The group file outside single file, too amazed to rush.

Peter stood off to the side and did a full three-sixty, taking it all in. 

"It's terrific, isn't it?" Breathed Ned. Peter had been so enraptured by the architecture, he didn't notice him.

Peter barely managed to force out a small "Yeah."

A brunette man hustled out of the structure. His hair was ruffled like he had lost a fight with a pillow and his glasses sat crookedly on the top of his nose. He held a clipboard and about forty sheets of paper, all of which he was losing a hold on.

"Hi," he introduced and tried to straighten his posture. "My name is Scott Lang, and I will be your tour guide today. Your chaperones should have already given you your badges so if you would-"

"Hold on, what badges?" Mr. Harrison asked.

Scott's eyes surveyed the group before he sighed. "System error. Would you please excuse me while we attempt to fix the problem." He walked with a purpose toward the sliding glass doors.