ag's eyes slowly opened and a flash of confusion grew over her face. she had no recognition of how she got into a hospital. she looked down at her body, which was wrapped around in a hospital gown. she felt the thin fabric with the tips over her finger. the gown barely went past the girl's knees because of her height. 

her eyes traced over the room, landing on her phone that had been charging on a small table next to the bed. maybe that could help her figure out how she got there. she studied the room one more time to see her mom, mia, and gabi sleeping the chairs that the hospital provided, with blankets loosely wrapped around their bodies. 

she slowly reached for her phone, trying not to make a noise. ag successfully grabbed her phone and turned it on. the lock screen flooded with notifications that varied from instagram, tiktok, snapchat, and others but only one caught her eye.  

she quickly unlocks her phone and opens her messages. the most recent one sits at the top, making her smile.

anna.

she opened her girlfriend's messages and scrolled through them. it hit her once she read deep enough to understand what anna was talking about. 

the incident, ryan, anna. it came in like a train. she quickly replied to the girl in hopes that she'll come to see her.

her heart started racing as flashbacks started playing in her head. a loud noise grew from the machine that ag was attached to. this woke her family up and they rushed to ag as her breaths grew heavier and her eyes shut hard. 

a male rushed into the room and placed his hand on ag's chest. " it's okay, follow my breaths.", he instructed as he began to demonstrate what ag should do. ag followed his movements, allowing her heart rate to calm down. " that's good. keep following the pattern for a few seconds".

 " what happened?", ag's mom looked over at the doctor as he jotted down words on a chart. 

" something caused her to have a panic attack. this might happen more often. it can be caused by anxiety or nightmares that she may appear from her trauma. i can prescribe medicine for anxiety if the panic attacks are extreme but right now, it's best for you to work with her. for example, follow her through a steady breathing pattern like i displayed a while ago".

mia walked up to her best friend and didn't waste time in wrapping her arms around the girl. " don't scare me like that!", she said in between cries. ag accepted the embrace, wrapping her arms around mia too. 

" im a bad bitch, you can't kill me", ag smiled at mia, once she let go, allowing gabi to hug the girl. 

" period", gabi mumbled in the hug. 

the doctor took this time to talk to ag's mom and pulled her out of the room. " it is amazing that your daughter fully recovered, but the bullet still caused major blood loss, which was the cause of the coma. we'll need to keep her here for a few weeks to run some test and make sure she doesn't develop disorders from the situation", the male informed. 

" thank you so much for working with her", her mom uttered to the male. 

the doctor smiled at the lady and allowed her to hug him. this was the best part of his job, seeing family members happy and reunited. to put a smile on each of the patient's family members made the hours seem like nothing.