₂₃

ag's eyes stumbled open. she grasped the feeling of the familiar room. her body began to overwhelm as her eyes felt with tears.  she didn't want to do this again. she can't live in a world where anna doesn't exist. it haunted her as she shut her eyes. 

"ag!"

ag's face softened as she heard the familiar voice echo the room or maybe it just echoed in her head. "im so sorry", she whispered, with her eyes still closed and tears escaping. it almost felt too real as a hand gently caressed her face.  

" it's okay, you didn't do anything wrong. i did. it was my fault you're like this".

annagrace opened her eyes. they widened as she looked at the girl. everything felt so surreal to her. 

"a-anna", she stuttered. anna smiled as she hugged her girlfriend. "im sorry, i never meant to hurt you. ", ag mumbled as she felt her warm body colliding with anna's. 

"baby, stop crying. you're safe, okay? im here. you didn't hurt me", anna reassured her as she rubbed her back, soothingly. 

within seconds, the doctor walked into the room. " omg, this is a miracle!", he clapped as he picked up his clipboard.  anna was still hugging ag as the doctor went through his clipboard. " most patients don't last this long in a coma", he recalled. 

" a coma?", ag asked as she looked at anna. 

" yes ma'am. you've been in a coma for about a year now. we thought we were starting to lose you because you've recently have been having a lot of panic attacks and the last one put you in cardiac arrest.", the doctor informed. 

" what do you think could have cause it?", ag asked. 

" mostly dreams. we've been tracking your sleeping lately and they've caused you a lot of stress. this is very common with coma patients, especially ones like your case. i will be back with your test that we need to run on you, just in case you undergo some side effects from the medicine that you received". 

the doctor then left the room. anna part from ag and kissed her cheek. " i thought i lost you", she whispered as she placed their foreheads together. 

" you'll never lose me".

a/n: the end & no, im not making a sequel to the sequel 😭💀. 

but anyways, thanks for all the support. this book has been a journey. 

i love you all, from everyone who's been here day one to all the new people. 

until the next book. 

- aaronisha :).