Remember

Demetria's P.O.V.:

My eyes feel heavy. Slowly opening them, I'm blinded by the light. As my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness, the beeping of a machine enters my ears. Slowly looking around, I notice that I'm in an unfamiliar bedroom. There are monitors attached to my body as I lay here on a white bed. I slowly kick the white blanket off of me, my body aching in the process. I sit up on the edge of the bed, my brain still a little foggy from everything. I look at my body noticing that I'm covered in bandages, stitches, needles, and tubes. I rip the oxygen mask off of my face, the needles embedded into my arms, and the electrodes attached to my chest. I place my feet onto the carpet flooring. As I lift myself off of the bed, I fall to the ground, my legs not having enough strength to stand on their own. 

White room? Carpet flooring? This isn't the compound. Where am I? I push myself up, trying to remember where I am. I open a random door, finding myself in a huge white bathroom. A mirror hangs on the wall, above a white marbled sink. Walking up to the mirror, I look at my reflection. Bandages cover my whole chest and torso, along with my upper arms and forehead. Practically, every portion of my body that is not covered in bandages, is scattered with stitches. I look down at my legs, finding gray sweatpants on me. I never wear gray sweatpants when I'm in the compound, it's considered unetiquette. I lift one of the pant legs, to find more stitches. 

"What the hell happened to me?"

Pulling the pant leg back down, I exit the bathroom and walk towards the window. Looking out the window, I see nothing but green. A well taken care of yard of green grass, surrounded by fancy black gates. Staring at the scenery in front of me, I had decided to open the window and peek my head out. Peaking my head out, I look to the left and right, noticing a really nice stoned road with a water fountain in the middle. The bright sun gives the nice blue color of the water more life. Despite not having any recollection of where I am, I can't help but feel as though this is not my first time being amazed by the view. 

Pulling myself back into the room, I look around the room once again, to see if there is anything else I can explore. There's only one door left, which I can assume is the way out. Walking towards the door, I put my hand up to the handle, and twist it, slowly opening the door. I peek through the slightly open door, to find hallways with numerous doors going towards the left but a large window on the right. The room that I was put in seems to be in the last room on this floor. 

Cautiously exiting the room, I begin to walk down the hallway, staying on guard. I past my numerous white doors, eventually reaching an open space. A large staircase stands in the middle, leading down to the main floor, to what seems like an abnormally large living room. Walking down the stairs, I abruptly freeze in my steps, clenching my head.

"Is the jet ready?" Father asks Alfred.

"We were just in the jet," I answered, pointing in the direction of the Batcave.

"I was talking about the private jet, Demetria."

Damian and I look at each other in confusion. "Why do we need a private jet? We have the Batwing," Damian says crossing his arms. "We could've just went straight to London from the Interpool..."

"What the hell was that," I groan out. I continue to walk down the stairs, looking at my surroundings as I descend. "So, I've been here before."

The little videos of possible memories, playing in my head, are causing me pain, making me uneasy. My body feels comfortable in this place, yet my mind is racing as if something isn't right. The house feels empty as if there are no living life forms here. It's clean, yet it feels contaminated with something I can't really describe. It's really offsetting.