Getting To Know

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Everyone. This is Damian and Demetria. My kids," Father announces to the crowd of people.

They all look our way, staring at us, without a word spoken. Some are baffled, some are confused, and some ecstatic about the news.

"Nice joke, Bruce!" a guy with blond hair and a goatee, chuckles. "But it's not April 1st."

"Not gonna lie, Bruce," another man with blond hair, says, "You had us in the first half."

"Who said I was joking?" Father says, glaring at them, making all of their smirks drop.

Damian and I stand side by side, staring at the crowd full of unfamiliar faces in front of us. I begin to take in all the faces trying to connect them to the images that I was shown of the League and other heroes. Now that I'm looking at them, the majority of these people are really bad at hiding their identities.

"Are they really your kids?" a man with glasses asks. "Since when?"

"Weren't there rumors of Bruce having secret kids recently?" the man with the goatee asks. "Or was it Dick?"

Before Father could answer, another man speaks up, interrupting him.

"So," a man with brown hair and eyes says, walking up to us. He bends down to our level and stares at us, with a cocked eyebrow. "Where'd you find these two? The docks or something?" The man gets closer to us, practically putting his face in ours. "Are they nice?"

"If you want to live to see another day, I advise that you back up," I growl. His face is way too close for my comfort. I can feel his breath on me.

"Oh great," he says, straightening back up. "You adopted a bunch of bratty five-year-olds. What's next, a whole fleet of bloodthirsty assassins?"

"Tch. Watch it, Jordan. We're more capable than you take us for," Damian says lowly.

Hal Jordan A.K.A Green Lantern

"How do you know who I am?" he asks.

"We were given a list of who will be attending. We had also done some research on you and everyone else," Damian answers, crossing his arms.

"Bruce! What the hell!" Jordon exclaims, whining to Father. "These kids are—Hey!"

As Jordon is complaining to Father, I had decided to do a little further investigation. A small glance at his left hand, I had noticed an indent or marking, as if there was a ring that once sat on his finger. Remembering the images of him, I begin to recollect that his powers come from a tiny ring. Seeing as he's distracted, I take a look at his right jacket pocket, noticing a little delayed movement in the small space, indicating that there is a small object hidden in the pocket. Swiftly and nonchalantly reaching into the pocket, I grab the ring and observe it.

"How'd you get that?!" he yells, stopping mid-sentence, seeing the green ring in my hand.

"Reached into your pocket," I answer. "How does it work? No buttons on it."

"Give that back," he yells, attempting to grab it out of my hands. Once his hand is within reach of the ring, I toss the small item to Damian, who catches it with ease. We continue to throw the ring back and forth, making fun of the defenseless hero. As Damian tosses it back to me, the ring stops mid-air and begins to illuminate a green color. 

As it illuminates green, it zooms straight towards Jordon, sliding smoothly into his finger. Resting comfortably on his finger, his civilian clothing begins to transform into his uniform.