Mall Pt. 3

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Found the hair-dye!" Jason sings happily, grabbing one of the boxes.

Dick, Tim, and Jason begin to gather around, immersed in the variety of colors available to them. As they're busy choosing colors, Father stands back, watching them argue over colors. Damian and I look at each other, giving a mischievous smirk to one another and nodding. We slowly back up, moving away from the boys and carefully escaping Father's peripheral vision. Quickly and quietly sneaking behind Father, Damian and I reach into either side of his pocket, watching his movements as we rummage through the small space.

On my side of the pockets, I find Father's wallet and keys. I fully grasp the keys, pulling it out, making sure that they don't cling together to make any noise. Placing the keys in my pocket, I reach deeper for his wallet. Father's body slightly shifts, and I freeze. Swiftly pulling out the wallet, I stuff it into my pocket, seeing as he is too immersed in the grown boys fighting over simple colors. I look over to Damian to find him holding Father's phone. He holds it up to me, basically asking if we should take it. I shake my head, making him put it back. Having the wallet and keys, we begin to make our way out of the store without looking back. As we walk out of the store, I turn my head making eye-contact with a teenage boy behind the cashier. He cocks an eyebrow at us, as I return his facial expression with a polite wave. Before he could do anything else, a customer walks up to his register, distracting him from our escape.

"Do you know him?" Damian asks once we are a few feet away from the store.

"Is that a rhetorical question?" I ask, knowing that I haven't been outside of the manor at all. Even if I have, he was always with me.

"It was genuine."

"Oh, well no. Why?"

"You waved and smiled at him."

"I was just being nice," I tell him, putting my hands up in defense. "Besides, I think he knew that we were doing something."

"We should go back and make sure he doesn't talk," Damian smirks, punching into his own hand in a threatening manner.

"Even if he did know, it's not like he can stop us," I say, rolling my eyes. "And if we beat him up, it would be too obvious that we left."

"Dee," Damian says, as we get onto an escalator, "us not being there is obvious enough." He crosses his arms while glaring at me.

"Did you forget that we came to the mall with a bunch of idiots?" I retort.

"Touché, little sister. Touché."

We get off of the escalator and move to the side to get out of other people's way. Standing in our place, we look around. There's nothing but stores and stands, all selling the same products, well from what we can see from our spots.

"What should we do now?" Damian asks.

I pull out Father's wallet from my pockets and open it. I pull out a gold card with Father's name on it. "We have Father's credit card," I tell him, holding the card in between my index and middle finger. "We can basically do anything. Not only that, but we also have his keys." I place the card back into the wallet and slid it into my pocket. "So where do you want to go?"

Damian looks at me and shrugs. "How about we just walk around and buy whatever catches our eyes?"

I stand still thinking about his proposal. I open my mouth to tell him that we need to be wary of what we buy, but I stop myself in realization. I chuckle, realizing that we have Father's card, and whatever we buy here might not even make a dent in his account. "Alright, lead the way, Dami."