Zoo

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Are we there yet?" I ask. We've been driving for what feels like hours. My body is aching from just staying in this one small area. Damian is leaning up against his car door, with his legs atop of me. As for me, I'm currently sitting upside down, my arms dangling off of the seat, resting on the ground. I feel the blood rushing to my head, but I'm too lazy to move. "Are we there yet?" I ask once more.

"Tch. Is it worth going to the zoo at this point?" Damian complains.

"Well, we would be there by now," Dick says. "If Jason took a right instead of a left at the last intersection!"

"Quit yelling at me!" Jason bursts out. "You know, I still have trouble telling my lefts from my rights!"

"Then why are you driving?" Damian says, pushing himself up from the car door.

"Because it's my car!"

"If you can't tell directions, then you shouldn't drive in the first place!"

"Don't act like your better than me!"

"I'm a much better candidate for driving than you are!"

"How about you go f—"

"I'm about to jump out of this car if you guys keep fighting!" I interrupt, catching the attention of all three boys.

Their eyes go wide, staring straight at me. I still lay upside down, blowing the hair out of my face for entertainment. The car goes silent, no one saying a word after my outburst. "Tch. I said you guys should stop fighting, not go dead silent," I complain.

"Well if you can't tell. Our only way of communication is through arguments," Dick says.

"That's because you're all stupid," Damian points out.

"And you're an egotistical piece of shit. But you don't see me complaining about it twenty-four seven," Jason adds on.

"Do you want to die, Todd?"

"I've done it once! And I'd be happy to do it again!"

"Hey! Stop making fun of your death!" Dick yells at Jason.

"Oh, cry me a river!"

"That's it! I'm jumping off!" I yell, reaching for the car door.

"No!" they all yell.

I quickly turn my body so that I'm sitting upright and reach for the car door, forcing Damian's legs off of me. Putting my hand on the handle, I hear a loud click noise. Pulling the handle of the door, I had expected it to work as every car handle should open the door; however, the door did not open. I continue to pull on the handle and push the door. As I'm doing this multiple times, I look over to Jason. "Why the hell isn't this opening?"

He looks at me through the rearview mirror with a glint of amusement. He smirks at me, averting his eyes back to the road. "Child lock," he says proudly.

"Child lock?" I ask, continuing to pull on the handle. I look over to Damian and stare at his handle. I slowly crawl over to his car door, over Damian, and put my handle on the car door. Pulling on the handle, I realize that that door too is locked. "How do I unlock it?" I whisper to myself, staring at the handle. 

"You can't. Only I can," Jason says. 

I turn my head and crawl back to my seat. Sitting down, I cross my arm and glare at him. "Child lock is stupid."

"It just saved your life, Princess."

"I think jumping out of a car going 40 over the speed limit on a highway and falling face-first onto hard concrete is way better than hearing three emotional males arguing over the title of 'the stupidest'," I deadpan.