Diner Pt. 3

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Ex?" I ask, staring at the lady. "Like an exterminator?"

"What! No!" Dick whispers, hiding his face. "An ex-girlfriend."

"You were once in a relationship?" Damian asks in disgust.

"It's not that surprising that I've had my share of relationships."

Damian and I look at each other coming to a silent agreement. "It is," we say simultaneously.

I turn back to where the lady had once stood, only to see her quickly approaching us a huge smile on her face. I sit back properly in my seat, pulling Damian down with me, as we stare at Dick. "You're exterminator of a friend is coming," I say, pointing behind me with my thumb.

Dick peeks out from his hand, watching as the lady approaches us. His eyes widen and he begins to move. "I'm going to the bathroom. Come get me once she's gone." He quickly gets up avoiding eye contact with the lady and darts away towards the toilets. As he's running away, we hear the high-pitched voice of Dick's ex, calling his name.

Despite seeing Dick run away, she continues to walk towards our table, strutting as she goes. Her little posse is following right behind her.

Damian and I quickly turn back around, continuing to eat our dessert, pretending as if we didn't see her. Taking a bite of the chocolate cake, I can see blinding bright-colored clothing from the corner of my eyes. My shoulders drop down knowing who it is. "She's here," I whisper to Damian, with my mouth filled with cake.

As we stare at our cake, not wanting to make eye-contact with the female, we notice, from our peripheral vision, her taking a seat right in front of us. Mid-bite, Damian and I look up and glare at her, although she can't tell throughout shades. We continue staring at each other, the tension between us is unbearable.

She looks back at us with a smile, her hands folded, her presence, annoying. Her smile soon drops seeing that we don't have an interest in talking to her. She turns her head towards where Dick ran off. As she does, Damian and I see this an opportunity to continue eating our cake. But that was a mistake.

"So," her high-pitched voice interrupts us causing us to grimace at the pain entering our ears. "What are you guys eating?" she places her elbows on the table, leaning her cheek into the palm of her hands.

"Cake," we answer, not a second later, staring down at our plate as we eat. Chewing on the piece of cake in our mouths, we begin to hear a series of footsteps coming our way. My ears perk up at the sound. 

"Did you find him, Jessica?" a female voice asks. 

I look up from my cake to find the posse. There are three girls, black-haired, brown-haired, and one who's horribly dyed red. The horribly dyed red-head is wearing a tight white shirt, with a small pink skirt. The other two are both wearing shirts that look like they belong to little children with really short ripped jeans. "What's wrong with their shirts?" I ask Damian. "Their stomachs are showing."

"Maybe it's a city thing," Damian whispers back.

"Yeah, he went to the bathroom. I'm just waiting for him here," the girl in front of us, which I can assume now that her name is Jessica, replies. She then, without our consent, takes Dick's fork and takes a piece of our cake. She takes a bite of it, as I stare at her in horror. Taking a bite, her face contorts to disgust as she takes a napkin and spits it out of her mouth and onto the napkin. "That's disgusting. How can you two eat that?"

My body suddenly reacts, threatening to jump at her and strangle her. But before I could do that, I feel a stinging sensation on my arm. I look down seeing Damian, pinching me.