Mall Pt. 5

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Jason stalks over to us full of anger, his fists and teeth are clenched. As he stalks over to us, out of nowhere, Father and the others would appear right behind him their face filled with worry; however, that all changed in the blink of an eye. Their worry changes to relief, but then straight to anger. Their slow, heavy steps slowly turn into light jogs into our direction.

I avert my attention from them to my food. Pretending that I didn't see them at all, I begin to eat my food, stuffing my mouth to the brim like there's no tomorrow. I look to my side with a mouth full of noodles to see Damian doing the same. We both continue to look down while eating, trying to avoid any more eye contact with them. As we're eating, out of nowhere, someone grabs us by the heads and smashes our face straight into our food. Hard enough for us to be unable to resist the force but soft enough so that we don't end up with any bruises. Lifting our heads, we turn our heads to see Jason staring down at us with his arms crossed.

"I'm going to kill you, Todd," Damian growls.

"Haven't we had this conversation already?"

"Where the hell have you two been?! Do you know how worried sick we were about you?!" Dick screams as he approaches us. 

"Yeah!—Why do you two have noodles on your face?" Tim asks in concern.

I point behind me to Jason, who continues to glare at us in silence.

"Damian! Demetria!" Father yells in anger. He approaches our table and stands in front of us with his arms crossed. He breathes out and relaxes his arms. "Are you two okay?"

"Of course, Father," Damian answers, wiping the food off of his face. "Why wouldn't we be? We have each other."

"Is it strange to say that I don't buy that, even for a second?" Jason asks.

"No," Father answers. "Why the hell did you two leave without my permission and what did you do to my wallet and keys?"

"We got bored," I answer truthfully. "And they're right here." I fish out the keys and wallet out of my pocket and place them on the table.

"But that doesn't mean you could leave without us knowing." He takes the keys and wallet and looks at us, back and forth. His eyes lightly widen as if he had discovered something. "Where are your glasses?" he whispers. "And what happened to your shirts?"

"You like it?" I ask in excitement. I stand up and pull my shirt down so that they have a better view of what's written on the shirt. "I should wear it more often, it explains everything that we do perfectly!"

"In my defense, I was left unsupervised," Jason reads out loud. He snorts and then begins to cover his mouth, trying to cover up his laughs with coughs. "Sorry," he says, "not funny." Father glares at Jason as Tim and Dick try and hide their amused smile. 

"Where'd you get that?" Father asks.

"Some random store that we came across," Damian answers, taking a mouth full of noodles.

"It was a really interesting store," I add on.

"Interesting?" Jason asks. He looks up at Dick and Tim, fear written in their eyes. 

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him, knowing what they're talking about. Slurping in my food, I wait for their answer.

"Uhh, do you know what the name of the store is?" Tim asks.

Yes. "Nope. All I know that is was some store that sold a lot of clothing..." ...and other things.

The boys visibly sigh out in relief, holding their chests as if they were about to have a whole heart attack.