Air Vents and Robots

Demetria's P.O.V.:

The doorknob of the entrance continues to shake as they struggle to enter the room. "What the hell is wrong with this door?" the voice asks frustratedly.

"What are we going to do?!" Jon whispers, panicky.

"Hide," I answer.

"Hide? Hide where?—"

I quickly run over to Jon and pull him towards the corner of the room near the door. As I'm pulling Jon to the dark corner of the room, Damian quickly runs to the same corner and jumps up. I jump up after him while gripping Jon by his arm and holding myself up in the corner. Damian and I's legs intertwine with each other as we try to support our weight by pushing ourselves up against the wall. I release Jon, allowing him to float near us.

Just then, the door bursts open, revealing a very angry Lex Luthor. "I seriously need to get this door fixed," he mutters out as he begins to dust his shoulder that he had used to bust open the door.

Behind him, a man in a tuxedo appears. "Well, we can settle that later," he says, placing a suitcase onto the desk. "There have been rumors about your intentions with the company lately and we need to fix that."

"It's Lex Luthor," Jon whispers.

I quickly cover his mouth with my hand, trying to keep his mouth shut.

"They're just rumors," Luthor says as he walks over to his seat at the desk. Sitting down, he props his feet onto the table and leans back with his hands crossed behind his head. "If anything, they'll forget about it."

"Lex. As your lawyer, I'm trying to keep you out of prison. If they find out that those rumors are true—"

"Which they won't," he interrupts. "Because you'll easily take care of it. I mean, I don't just pay you to lie around all day."

"But I need you to work with me, Lex," the other man explains out in desperation. "I can't really help you if I don't have anything to use."

"Sure you can," Luthor persists. "Just target some other company," he waves off. "Try the Waynes', heard there are a bunch of rumors about them right about now, there's no harm in adding a few more. They are our competition after all."

"That little—" I quickly release my hand from Jon's mouth and clasp Damian's.

"Did you hear that?" the lawyer asks. He begins to look around but fails to notice the three of us bunched up into one corner.

"You're going delusional," Luthor says. "Now if you'll excuse me," he says, getting up from his chair. He begins to walk over to the lawyer, returning his case and guiding him towards the door. "I'd like to have some time to myself." He pushes the man out the door and instantly closes the door in his face without hesitation.

As he slams the door, Jon, out of nowhere, suddenly plummets towards the ground. My eyes widen at the sudden action as Damian and I reach for Jon. Gripping onto his sweater, we begin to pull him up, while I keep an eye on Luthor.

"Sorry," Jon mouths, causing a glare towards him by Damian. "Can't control it yet."

Luthor continues to stand at the door and sighs out in relief. He turns his head, his eyebrow cocking. I stare in surprise at to what he's staring at—the Batarang lodged into the wall. Luthor carefully walks over to the Batarang and pulls it out of the wall, staring closely at it.

I begin to panic, if we stay any longer, we'll be compromised. The Batarang itself is enough to indicate our presence. I begin to quickly scan the area, in search of an easy escape. Scanning the room, I find an air vent nearby. I glance at Damian and motion my head towards the air vent. Understanding my gesture he nods his head. Damian begins to move while holding onto Jon as I keep an eye on Luthor.