Get Wet

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"High-ho! High-ho! It's from home to work we go—"

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Aw shit! That hurt Jason!"

"It wouldn't hurt if you just shut the fuck up, you dickhead!"

It's been nearly a month since the party, and we've made the front page, well, not really. The front page was of the Smiths and their actions and attitudes towards us. To sum it all together, they're now having trouble trying to keep their company stable. But it's not any of my business. Damian, Jason, and I made the second third and fourth page of all news. Sometimes, even the front, but that was rare.

"Dick! I will throw this brick at you!"

"Bet?! I was just kidding, don't throw it."

Every day, Alfred had us work non-stop. The demands kept coming, and the only breaks that we were able to get were those for meals and sleep. This is 'supposedly' our last day of working, according to him, just because he felt like it.

Today, he's making us redo the whole backyard. Dick and Tim are at the bushes, trimming them while Dick begins to sing random songs.

"Dick!" Jason screams. "I swear to Satan! I will fucking decimate you."

"Why, Satan?" I ask.

"Because hell seems to like me more than heaven. Practically friends with Satan himself."

Jason and Father are currently redoing the groundwork. We're taking out the pavement, surrounding the pool, and redoing the whole thing. Why? According to Alfred, there are cracks on the ground that are bothering him severely. That, and he didn't know any other punishment to give us.

As Jason and Father practically decimate the pavement, Damian and I are draining the pool. According to Alfred, he wants us to do some intense cleaning to the pool, strongly recommending, basically commanding, that we drain the pool and use our hands to clean. And if we were to find any cracks or peeling in the wall, we have to fix them ourselves with some plaster or whatever it is. I wasn't paying attention.

"Jason!" Dick yells from the giraffe shaped bush. "You could've taken my head out and Gerold's!" he exclaims, hugging the giraffe.

"Gerold?" I ask, taking my eyes off of the pool.

"The giraffe!" he says.

"Unlike you, Gerold can grow a second head," Tim says, trimming the bushes near the windows.

"Unlike Gerold," Dick says. "I know how to use my head."

We all stay quiet, stopping whatever we're doing and staring at Dick. "Sure," we all say, going back to work.

"Tch. Why is the water taking so long to go away?!" Damian exclaims in frustration.

"Is it even draining?" I ask.

"Did you guys turn on the submersible pump?" Father asks, ripping the pavement off of the ground, revealing nothing but dirt.

"The what?" Damian and I ask.

"What are you guys using to drain the water?"

"I just flicked the switch, planted on the wall," he says, pointing to the light switch on the manor. "It's connected to the pool."

"Is that not used for lights?" I ask, cocking my eyebrow at the switch.

"It could also be used for something else," Damian points out.

"Damian," Tim deadpans. "You just turned on the lights in the pool."

"There are lights in the pool?" I ask. I walk over to the edge of the pool and look down. On the side of the pool are circles, illuminating a soft yellow light. "Oh, there is." Before I could step away from the pool, I felt a large body bump into me.