Shopping Nearby

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Hey, guys," Jon says, popping a cookie in his mouth.

"Yeah, Jon?" I answer.

"Is there anything you guys want for Christmas?"

We're all currently sitting on the living room couch, patiently waiting for the day to pass. Jon is leaning into the light beige couch, munching on chocolate chip cookies that he had taken behind his mother's back. Damian is lying on the couch, his head resting on the arm of the couch, his feet resting on me as he stares at the ceiling in boredom. As for me, I'm currently dangling off of the couch, upside down, bored out of my mind.

"Why do you ask?" I ask him, kicking my feet in the air.

"What are you planning, Jon?" Damian asks.

"Nothing," he whines. "I'm just curious."

Damian humphs, looking up at the ceiling. "Never really thought about what I want."

"Does it have to be something specific?" I ask him.

"I don't know. I'm pretty specific about the things I want."

"I'm not surprised," I comment. "You're used to this type of stuff." I spin my body, now sitting upright, staring at the ceiling. "Anything will do, honestly."

"Really?" Jon asks. "Noted."

"He's planning something," Damian announces.

"Am not!"

"Are too."

"Liar!"

"Says the one whose ears are red," Damian says, pointing to Jon's red-tipped ears.

"They're not!" he whines, covering his ears with his hands.

I chuckle at his attempt to hide the evidence. "What about you, Jon? What do you want?"

"I asked my dad for this awesome video game that just came out! You know the one I talked about a few weeks ago."

"The one where you have to shoot zombies in the head with a shotgun or the one where you use plants?" Damian asks.

"What? No, it's a game that just came out. It's really popular!"

"Is it that game with the monkey?" I ask him, remembering him blabbering about some digital monkey.

"Yeah!"

"So, your Father is getting it?" Damian asks.

"Yup!"

"Sounds like a challenge, doesn't it, Dami?"

"Definitely."

"You guys are speaking Arabic, again," Jon complains. "I don't understand anything you're saying."

"That's the point, Jon," I tell him. "Lois!" I yell out, needing to ask her a question.

Lois enters the living room, drying her hands with her shirt. "Is there a reason as to why you're screaming, Demetria?"

"Can Dami and I go out?"

"Go out? Where?"

"Yeah. And why can't I join?" Jon asks.

"Damian and I would like to participate in this event of giving," I explain.

"Sure. If you want, I can give you some m—"

"That is not needed," I interrupt her, reaching into my pocket and pulling out a gold card.

"I thought Bruce took that back," Lois comments.