Hide

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"Aren't you two just the cutest?!" she exclaims, grabbing my cheek and practically ripping it off my face.

I stop myself from kicking the lady in her stomach for the pain, but being the "nice rich kid" that I am, I go through the pain. "Release me you old hag," I mutter.

"Did you say something, sweety?" the lady asks politely.

"No ma'am," I answer sweetly with a smile. "I was just taken off guard by the amount of affection. Never had something like this back with my mother."

The lady gasps, releasing my cheek and covering her mouth. "You poor child," she exclaims. "I'll be your new mother!" she says, engulfing me in a hug. Her hands wrap around my puny head compared to her plump body, forcing me into her body. She sends down to hug me, suffocating me between two mushy sacs. Must I say more?

I try to push away from the lady, only for my hands to fall into her body, unresistant against her soft and mushy skin. Seeing as how I am unable to escape through force, I put one hand behind my back for Damian and Father to see. "H E L P," I signed, behind my back. I begin to repeat the same four letters over and over again, each one quicker and forceful than the last.

"Uh. Miss Davis," Father says, causing the older lady to stop swaying side to side.

I take this opportunity and force myself out of her hold. I take a step back and take a deep breath of air. "Fresh air," I say, trying to catch my breath. I look at the old lady to find her staring at me with a cocked eyebrow. "I apologize," I say, composing myself. "Something got stuck in my throat."

The lady turns her attention to Father, giving me a chance to actually take a proper deep breath.

"Did it smell like, old lady like they said?" Damian asks me.

"If that's what, old lady smells like, I hope to never encounter another old lady," I comment.

"Oh, Brucie!" a voice behind us screams.

Damian and I turn around in horror, seeing a group of older women, all dressed up is an unappealing way.

"Are these the twins?!" one of the old ladies says bending down to our level.

"Aren't they so adorable?!" one with glasses says, pinching both of our cheeks.

"Hi," another one says. "My name is Debora Deshina," she introduces. She bends down to our level and pinches Damian's cheek. "But you two can call me Deb! Just think of me as your older sister." She releases Damian's cheek and smiles at us. "Okay?"

Damian and I look at each other with a look of disbelief. Damian is currently rubbing his now red cheek. He turns to the Deshina lady and mods his head.

"Great!" Deshina says, clasping her hands. "Oh, Bruce! I am not a part of the family! The twins claim me as their older sister!"

Damian and I quickly snap our head towards Father, giving him a pleading eye. We don't want to be here. We want to leave.

Father looks at us and notices our pleas, but ignores it. He turns to Deshina and smiles. "I see the twins are getting along with you ladies. It usually takes them a while to adjust to new people."

Damian and I's eyes grow wide. "Why did you say that," I scowl at him.

"Aww," they all say.

A random old lady engulfs Damian and me into a hug, suffocating us with her body, swinging us side to side. "I knew they were something special!" She releases us, causing us to stumble in our steps.