Phonecall

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"So you're telling me that you snuck into the company without a plan," Father says baffled.

"Maybe you should give her a lecture of planning ahead of time," Damian says, glaring at Father.

I watch as the two have a glaring contest between each other. "Am I missing something?" I ask, confused about the sudden tension in the air.

"Nothing," they say simultaneously, breaking their glaring contest.

"I have a meeting to get to," Father says, straightening his posture. "I'm going to call Alfred to take you two home," he says, pulling out his phone from his pocket.

"No, wait!" I say putting my arm out for him to stop. "Can't we just go with you? To the meeting?"

"Too many people know about your existence. You two need to keep a low profile."

"Why? Deathstroke's dead!" Damian retorts.

I nod my head, agreeing with Damian. We're no longer in any type of danger. "Besides. What's the harm in having the world now who we are?"

"The thing is, you two aren't ready," Father says.

"What do you mean by 'not ready'?" I ask, slowly.

"I mean what I said. You two aren't ready for the whole world, yet."

"Tch. We were born and made to be ready for anything," Damian says crossing his arms.

"You froze up when cameras were flashed your way," Father deadpans, "and that was only a small group."

My eyes widen. "That was not a small group!"

"It was," Father says. "If your existence and relationship to me were announced to the whole world, you'll be having cameras on you 24/7."

"So, no meeting?" I ask.

"No meeting," Father responds. "I'll call Alfred, to come and pick you up."

As he picks his phone back up, I look onto Father's desk. On the desk is an item, giving me an idea. "Father, don't you have to get to your meeting?"

"Yes, Demetria. Why?" he answers, his fingers stopping mid-way through dialing Alfred's number.

"We can call Alfred, using the phone on your desk," I say pointing at the cordless, office phone on his desk. "Besides, I've never used one."

Father hums, as he squints at me, his eyes analyzing me, trying to read me. "You're not planning on doing something stupid, right?"

"Hey! Remember, we snuck in without a plan. I just wanna use the phone," I reply innocently.

He hums once again, not believing me. "Fine." Father walks over to his desk and reaches into his drawer pulling a small stack of papers. Looking closely, they look like sticky notes. He proceeds to rip the top paper, grabbing a pen from his desk, scribbling something on the paper. "It's Alfred's number," he says putting the pen down. "Now, call Alfred. He will not take you anywhere other than home, understood?" he asks, pointing at us. 

Damian and I nod.

"Good, now," he says, walking towards the door, "I have some staff needing to be straightened." He stalks out the door, closing it behind him, leaving Damian and me alone in the office.

I stand still, staring at the door, listening to his footsteps fading out. Once I can no longer hear his footsteps, I make my way towards his desk and take a seat in his chair. Sitting on his chair, I turn on the monitors and position my hands on the white keyboard.