Swords and Knives

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"This is embarrassing," Damian pouts, sitting crisscrossed on Kent's back while crossing his arms.

"Tch. At least you seem comfortable," I retort. "I see why you hated this." I look down to see the city below me, my feet dangling in the sky. "This is so unprofessional."

"Oh, will you two stop complaining," Queen says with annoyance. "You two aren't the ones in an existential crisis."

"And what exactly is that existential crisis?" I ask.

"My image!" he exclaims. "It's going to take me a long time to get the press off of me!"

"Just pay them to go away," Damian says in boredom. "Father's done it. It's been working for a while."

"It doesn't fully erase the fact that there are numerous videos and pictures of me running through Gotham in my boxers!"

"Then you should've hidden your identity," Jon says in a matter-of-factly tone.

Queen's eyes widen as he stares into our direction. "I could've done that!"

"No one said that you had risk your public figure," I point out. "Although I did enjoy the results of it. So I guess it wasn't all in vain."

"It's a nice change in pace," Damian comments.

"What do you mean?" Kent asks him.

"It's usually me and Demetria running from the police," he answers nonchalantly.

"So every day, you guys are running from the police?" Jon asks, trying to piece everything together.

"Basically," I answer.

"In fact, we were in a police chase yesterday for destroying someone else's property," Damian informs.

"You two did what?!" Queen exclaims.

"It's okay though," I reassure.

"How is that okay?" Kent asks.

"It was Father's car."

"You destroyed his car?" Jon asks. "But why?"

"We only spray painted it," I correct him.

"We were bored," Damian adds.

"So when you two are bored," Queen says. "You start destroying things?"

"Define destroy," I tell him. "Because spray painting isn't really destroying."

"And neither is beating the living daylights out of Grayson, Todd, or Drake," Damian adds.

"You beat your brothers?" Kent asks in shock.

"You don't?" I ask as if it's the most common thing in the world.

"Tch. Those hooligans are not my brothers," Damian scoffs.

"That's idiot talk for 'I love them with all my heart'," I whisper.

"I heard that!" Damian yells at me. "And it does not mean that!"

For the rest of the journey back, Damian stays pouting on Kent's back, as I silently laugh to myself. Jon and Kent would try making small talk with us, only causing them to get confused by our answers. As we converse, Queen glares daggers at me, still annoyed by the events that had occurred earlier. I look down below my feet, to see us now flying over the trees that lead up to the manor. Looking up ahead, the large manor comes into view.

"We should drop him," I say out loud.

"Queen?" Damian asks. I nod my head in response.