Testing Patience

Demetria's P.O.V.:

"We could visit Father again?" Damian suggests.

"But he said he didn't want us to expose ourselves anymore," I tell him.

"Since when did you start following Father's orders?" Damian says, mocking my previous words.

"Did I ever mention that I hate you?" I ask, getting up from my seat and grabbing the sticky note with Dick's number, placing it in my pocket.

"Hate is a strong word," Damian says as we walk towards the wooden doors of the office.

"Yet, that seems to be your most used word," I tease, pulling open the doors and walking out into the open area.

Entering the open area, we find the desk near Father's office empty.

"Why is that lady never at her station?" Damian asks, staring at the empty chair.

"Beats me. Father has some lazy employees for running such a popular company."

Damian and I walk past the desk, taking a left into a hallway. As we're walking down the hallway, we slow our pace as we approach a room with see-through glass for walls and doors. We put our backs against the area of the hallway where the glass and the beige wall meets, hiding from the staffs' eyes in the room. Peeking through the glass I find a room, practically covered in silver, or what seems to be of the color. In the middle of the room is a rectangular table with a total of thirteen seats—six on each side and one empty chair at the end of it. Across that empty chair is a projector with charts.

"Hey," I whisper to Damian, elbowing his rib to get his attention. "Isn't that the revenue drop chart for Argentina?"

"It is," Damian responds.

"And they're just dealing with it now?" I say, baffled. "Father really does have some lazy employees."

In front of the projector is Father in his business suit, looking at the business people, glaring at them with his hands to his hips. He continues to converse with the people, unaware of our presence. The backs of the business members are towards us, their eyes and ear focused on Father.

As Father is talking, I had decided to take a risk and walk closer to the door. I stop walking, a few feet away from the door, and a little behind the table, making sure that I don't end up in any of the member's peripheral view. Damian walks up to me, standing behind me as we both watch Father.

While Father is talking, his eyes glance around the room, his eyes landing on us for a split-second. His eyes go past us, but they quickly swerve back to us in realization. His eyes widen, his mouth stops mid-speech. One of the people at the table calls his name, regaining Father's attention, and he continues on with what he's talking about. His eyes, occasionally glancing at us.

"Should we mess with him, while we wait for Dick?" I ask Damian, with a mischievous smirk on my face.

"What do you plan on doing?" Damian asks.

"Let's play a game where we test his patience," I smirk.

Father and I make eye contact, only making me smile. His eyes flash with a small hint of curiosity and fear from my smile. 

"He knows that we're going to do something," Damian says from behind me

"When are we not doing something?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"True. So, what's the plan?" Damian asks, peeking over my shoulder into the room.

As I'm thinking, Father and I make eye-contact again. I begin to wave viciously with both arms in the air. He continues to talk to the people in front of him while glaring at me. His eyes giving me a warning look. As I flail my arms in the air, I accidentally smack Damian in the face. A loud beautiful sound of skin to skin making hard contact with each other, echos throughout the halls.