chapter 1

The impending fashion show had been the talk of the town for days even though it hadn't started yet. Being a torrid day in the month of October, people trooped into MAPLE fashion industry, one of the biggest and wealthiest fashion industry in the country.

"Who designed the dress?" Folajimi pointed at the current model on the runaway as he turned to his twin sister who had plastered a huge grin on her face right from the commencement of the fashion show.

They were both seated in the VIP's area. Folakemi turned to him with her smile not wavering, "Lisha"

Folajimi titled his head with furrowed brows, "Who is Lisha?"

Her smile faded a bit as her brows creased, "My goodness, you don't know Lisha? Of all female designers, you don't know Lisha?"

"You know I don't frequent the female section, so, I don't know much about them," he replied and Folakemi shook her head in disbelief.

"Then you have to find out yourself, the only thing I can tell is that she's the elder sister of that model." She pointed at the most beautiful model on the runway, she was MAPLE's greatest asset in the modelling world.

"Oh, that's so...." the resounding applause cut short his words and with impulse he joined in the clap before Folakemi walked gracefully to take hold of the microphone.

The applause came to a halt the second she smiled with the mic in hand. After her speech, the clap resumed again before the male models graced the stage.

In nothing less than an hour later, the fashion show ended.

"You were wonderful there," complimented Folakemi as she walked into the changing room.

A smile shadowed Nikki's mouth before her response, "That's me for you." She replaced the lip gloss into her cosmetic bag before turning to Folakemi.

"You look as beautiful as ever," Folakemi commended again as she scrutinized Nikki again. She'd changed out of the new designs and had tucked her willowy body in a blue shrug like belt top on black jeggings, it was one of those clothes designed by her elder sister, infact Nikki's wardrobe contained Lisha's designs.

"Thanks, anyway, I've got to go now," she picked up her bag and proceeded to walk out of the waiting room with Folakemi. Right from when Nikki got employed in MAPLE, she'd been best buddies with Folakemi, even though she was her employer.

"See you later," Folakemi waved at Nikki as she drove out of the industry.

Folakemi sauntered into the company immediately Nikki was out of sight, as she stepped into the elevator, Lisha smiled at her.

"Your designs were great, I'm certain calls have been coming in," she said to Lisha who nodded in return, it wasn't something new so far she was regarded as the best female designer in MAPLE.

"Thanks, um, do you know if Nikki is still in the waiting room?"

Folakemi shook her head before replying, "No, I think she went for Miracle"

Lisha took a glance at her gold wristwatch before looking up at Folakemi, "It's time for her to pick up Miracle"

💫💫💫💫💫💫

Nikki tuned the radio music politely low and all she could really hear from the speakers was the throb of the beat as she nodded slowly to 'Stuck with You' by Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber.

She found herself halting her drive and the only cause was Traffic. Traffic had always been the order of the day in Lagos. There was nothing more irritating and frustrating than having to sit in a car for several minutes or even hours sometimes without moving or probably moving like a snail. It slowed to a crawl which resulted in her getting to Miracle's school late.