chapter 27

Coming back to the house only reminded her of her pathetic life in addition to the sadness that welled up in heart.

After the visitors who brought their condolences left, Lisha walked into her dad's house before sitting on a couch as she glanced at her family members who were also in the living room. She looked around the house which looked entirely new to her. She found it hard to recall the last time she visited the house maybe during her last years in secondary school or something.

Her eyes sighted the family frame hung up on the wall, as expected she wasn't there, it only comprised of her dad, Nikki's mom and Nikki, they didn't consider her family. Lisha sighed as she leaned on the chair.

"I hope you're satisfied now after Gran got buried," Mr. Ogunade started.

Lisha lifted her brows as she turned to her Dad.

"What do you mean?"

"Just thank your stars that Gloria begged for you and she made me reason with the cause of her death, if not…"

Nikki cut in, "It's okay Dad, it's not like Gran died prematurely, she spent seventy-two years on earth, so, her death isn't that much of a sad thing whereas Lisha didn't kill her intentionally, it was only a mistake."

Lisha's mouth fell open as she stared at her sister in disbelief, she knew Nikki was mischievous but not to the extent of being devilish.

"I've made it clear to you that I didn't kill her, Nikki was the one that pushed her whereas the push wasn't the cause of the death, it was coupled with her huge intake of alcohol, she…"

Mr Ogunade cut her short, "Just shut up! Stop trying to justify yourself here, so, Nikki is lying right?"

Anger swelled up in Lisha but Gloria; Nikki's mom rubbed her hand on Lisha's palm, Lisha turned to her as Gloria gave her a weak smile. At least, they still had a good person in the family, even though Gloria wasn't her mother, she still considered her feelings and Lisha couldn't help but be grateful for that.

She returned it with a small smile before looking away. Gloria had always treated her well, even when her dad neglected her, Gloria would always drag their dad to visit her even though it was on rare occasion but at least she was grateful for that.

That made Lisha wonder who Nikki got her vulgar attitude from, come to think of it, Nikki was somehow a good person before though she always believed she had the right to everything but that didn't deter her goodness, everything just turned upside down because of Jimi.

Why on earth would they have to fight over a guy? Not like it was a fight though, Nikki was only trying to destroy her happiness, it was apparent Nikki still liked Daniel, she was only trying to prove hard, what Lisha just didn't understand was the reason behind Nikki's behaviour. She…

"Lisha!" Gloria shouted and that brought her out of her thoughts.

"Uhn?" She jerked her head towards her.

"You seemed out of the world."

"Sorry I zoned out."

"So, there would be a final burial party, my mother doesn't deserve to be buried just like that," Mr. Ogunade said.

Nikki turned to her father with a smile, actually she was seated beside him with Miracle by her side.

"That'll be nice, so when is it?"

"I don't know yet, I just decided to voice out my thoughts."

"That's good, we can start thinking about it," Gloria interjected.