chapter 13

A beautiful month.

The day was zestful and bubbly, people roamed around the city of Lagos full of life and energy, the atmosphere was fresh, Christmas lights and other decorations hung everywhere, apparently, it was Christmas season.

Nikki and Miracle walked into the vivacious beauty parlour and soon one of the stylist left with Miracle.

"Good afternoon ma," Nikki greeted while grinning at Soil.

Soil looked up at the grinning Nikki trying to place her face, she'd come to the exclusive beauty parlour with Kemi who was currently at the spa while Soil was in the salon.

"Afternoon but do I know you?"

Nikki smiled warmly before replying, "I'm Jimi's friend."

Soil sized up, Jimi never kept friends except Mark of course.

"That's impossible."

Nikki smiled before replying, "Kemi is my very good friend too."

Soil nodded while still wearing the confused expression, "We met sometimes last month at MAPLE, I bumped into you and you dropped your wallet then I brought it to you at Lisha's office." She sat on a wing chair beside Soil.

"Oh!" She accompanied it with a clap, "You're Lisha's sister right?"

"Yes, ma."

"You should have told me that from the start, anyway, how is Li baby?"

Nikki pursed her lips at the mention of her sister's name while wondering why she had to talk about Lisha.

"She's fine." She gave her a plastic smile and Soil nodded.

"It's been some days since I heard from her, let me even call her," she waved at the stylist plaiting her hair before proceeding to bring out her phone from her bag.

Nikki watched her as she dialled Lisha's number, seconds later, Lisha's voice came up from the other end and a smile spread across Soil's face. Jealousy spread through Nikki as she watched Soil's happy discussion with Lisha, her gaze didn't waver from her until another hairstylist walked up to her with a coiffure magazine.

Flipping through the magazine, she watched Soil with the corner of her eyes and anger seethed in her, why would Soil like Lisha?

After choosing a kinky braid, the hairstylist left with the coiffure magazine and Soil dropped her call.

"I told Li baby to come, but she said she was busy," Soil started and a fake smile appeared on Nikki's face.

"She doesn't really like plaiting her hair, most times she's always busy, so, she doesn't really care about her looks, main reason, she lacks fashion sense, I wonder how she became a fashion designer with her bad dressing."

Soil squeezed her face as she wondered why Nikki had to ramble.

"I didn't ask you about her fashion sense."

Nikki quirked her eyebrows before smiling wryly, "Um, yeah, it's…"

The voice of the hairstylist stopped her before having few talks with her, minutes later, she proceeded to start Nikki's hair do.

"Ma, what of Kemi?"

"Do you know my daughter?"

"Of course ma'am." she dashed her a reverent smile which Soil didn't return.

"Anyway, she's in the spa." Soil turned to her phone and soon started chatting with her friends.

Nikki didn't want to stop the discussion with her, she was bent on getting closer to Soil who cared less.