chapter 25

She picked up her bag before getting down from the car, then she banged the door and smiled to herself. She opened her arms widely and raised her head heavenward while breathing in the fresh air. How she'd so much missed this place?

"You're even smiling to the sky, I hope you don't start  this new year with your crazy nature," Jimi whispered into her ears.

Lisha dropped her hands before jerking her head towards him.

"You're indirectly calling me werey abi?"

Jimi shook his head before raising his hand in surrender, "I wouldn't dare, when I don't plan to start a new year with broken arms."

She smirked before moving closer to him in a dangerous manner, and he stepped back.

"So, I heard today is your birthday, Happy birthday oo," she said while eyeing him.

"Just because you wanted to wish me, you had to scare me?"

"When did I do that?"

"Anyway, is that the only greeting? Nothing special or grand for me?"

Lisha pursed her lips, "And why would I do anything special for you, do you worth it?"

Jimi shook his head, "You know I do."

"Keep hyping yourself," she turned to leave but turned back to him, winked at him and then blew him a kiss.

At first Jimi looked stupefied at her act as he watched her swing her tiny waist in the white bubble gown she was putting on, then he followed suit.

As the elevator door parted, their eyes met with a grinning Mark.

Mark coughed behind his hand as they walked into the elevator, while Lisha stayed by his left, Jimi stayed by his right.

"Enough with the fake coughs," she slapped his back and Mark quickly straightened up.

"God, Lisha, don't you know your hand is painful?" He groaned while Jimi chuckled.

"That's what you get for shaming coughs," Lisha replied.

He smirked before turning to Jimi, "So, the one that you guys came together, tell, something is already going right?" He raised his brows.

Jimi opened his mouth to talk but Lisha beat him to it, "You were coughing because of that right?"

Mark shook his head before facing Jimi, "So, you guys are already a couple? I know Lisha can never disobey me."

"It'll shock you," she interjected.

"We aren't a couple yet," Jimi told him and Mark's smile disappeared.

"And who told you we could ever be a couple?"

Mark and Jimi swung their gaze to her that instant, she rolled her eyes and shrugged before the elevator door split open, she got down before any of them and then threw her bag to Jimi, then she walked away quickly.

"What's in the bag?" Mark questioned as the door closed back.

"That's only for me, you didn't even wish me a happy birthday," he kept the bag by his side and looked up at his friend.

"I already wished Kemi a happy birthday and I told her to wish you for me whereas she's your twin."

Jimi nodded, "That's a good excuse to you, right?"

Mark smiled, "Sorry, the appearance of you and Lisha made it escape my mind."

Jimi bobbed his head, "Okay."