chapter 39

It was a bright, beautiful and memorable morning. The breeze seemed somehow different from other days maybe because it was a special day.

She walked to the altar slowly and gingerly with a smile of pleasure and complacency fitting her face that was covered with thick veil, she was looking so tall in her high heels, but he never expected her to be that tall.

She gave her dad a small smile, he'd eventually agreed to shift Gran's burial party to another month and had decided to become a good father even though he knew he was far from being that, not when she would eventually have her own family.

A grin had been plastered on Jimi's face ever since she stepped into the church and as she approached him, the grin increased, but then he had this feeling of suspicion, a feeling he couldn't fathom.

Soon she was handed over to him and as he took her hand in his, he felt something strange. When did her hand become big? Then they walked to the altar and the wedding started fully.

"Before we continue, if there's anyone that objects to this union let him talk now or keep it forever," the bishop who was officiating the wedding announced.

Everywhere was in dead silence as the guests all turned to look at one another.

"There's no one, now I pronounce you-"

"Stop!" A voice which Jimi instantly recognized shouted from the end of the hall, the voice reverberating.

Everyone turned back and there she was. Dressed also in the wedding gown but not without a veil and that showed who she really was as she walked up to the altar. Uproar filled the air.

Jimi quirked his brows before turning to the lady beside him, then he unveiled her. Nikki, with her face flushed with embarrassment.

Nikki dumped the flower on the floor in annoyance and in a twinkle of an eye, she dashed out of the church in mortification cussing under her breaths.

Lisha grabbed her hand immediately she passed by her.

"Let go of me!" Nikki gritted and before she could blink, a huge slap that sent her scurrying to the floor landed on her face. Noise emanated from everyone.

Jimi quickly got down from the altar and ran up to Lisha. Nikki glared at her sister before standing up, she had no time to exchange words, the embarrassment was too much, so, she just adjusted the wedding gown and ran out of the church while the paparazzi ran after her.

Her plan had all gone wrong but how did it happen? She'd made sure she locked Lisha up in her room after she was sure Lisha was ready to go to the church, then how did all this bunkum happen? How did she get out of the room? Did she perhaps break the door? Did she possess an extra key?
Her worst fear, how did it all happen? Questions raced furiously in her head before she got into the car Lisha had brought and then sped off like the maniac she was.

Nikki had been an impostor, she'd disguised as the bride when she truly wasn't. After seeing the wedding gown Lisha had bought, a very big and trailing gown with full length and thick veil, she decided to hatch her stupid plan. She got the same gown and fantasy high heels just like her sister and on the big day, after everyone had left for church with Lisha being the last person to go, Nikki had locked her in the room, she'd stolen the key while the make-up artist was doing Lisha's make-up.

Then she got herself into the wedding gown with a victorious smile plastered on her face, as she heard the bang from Lisha's room, she smirked before waltzing down the stairs and then into the limousine that Mr. Adeboye had sent to pick Lisha up, the chauffeur who didn't know her drove her straight to the church.