chapter 4

Mopelola rushed into the elevator and it whizzed up quickly. She turned to the few occupants and her eyes met with Lisha, her worst enemy.

"Hey gal," Lisha waved at her and Mopelola eyed her contemptuously.

"I don't understand why you have to be among the interviewers," she said while trying to position herself beside Lisha.

The corner of Lisha's mouth quirked up as she sized Mopelola up, she was looking grungy as always in her gothic clothes; a wine polo neck gown, one of her few designs that had manage to gain attention.

"I believe you're referring to yourself, between the two of us, everyone knows the one that doesn't deserve to be an interviewer," Lisha retorted and rage quickened Mopelola's blood.

"Damn you! You're not that talented, I know you've been whoring your way around to gain recognition," Mopelola fumed.

Lisha showed her teeth in a mirthless smile and that got Mopelola wondering if she was insane.

"Hey Dumbo," she tapped a guy's shoulder, and he turned to her in confusion.

"Lie that I didn't walk in on you and her in her office last week," Lisha challenged and the guy's eyebrow creased while others grumbled, Mopelola's face flushed as she turned to the guy.

The guy started, "Um…I…"

Lisha cut him short as she lowered her voice a bit, "I know you begged me not to tell anyone, so I'm keeping to the promise."

The guy was left dumbfounded as he kept on gaping at Lisha in astonishment.

"So, guys, who has been sleeping around with everything in trousers? Mopelola, of course, the low-class prostitute," Lisha shouted and everyone turned to Mopelola whose words were stuck in her throat.

Her mouth opened unconsciously to retort but the door slid open and Lisha got down and strode quickly to the conference room while Mopelola turned to the guy as they both got down too.

"Excuse me, miss, do I know you or probably look like someone in this industry?" The guy Lisha accused of sleeping with Mopelola queried.

She tried forming a small smile before responding, "I've never met you in my life and you don't look like anyone in this industry, that girl is just a psychiatric patient."

The guy's mouth shaped into an 'O' and Mopelola strutted to the conference room.

Lisha bumped into Jimi as she got to the entrance of the conference room.

"Are you blind?" She shouted and Jimi looked down at her in amazement, she was the one who bumped into him and yet was asking if he was blind. She was definitely gaga.

"Smallie, you're the one who needs to be asked that question," he answered and Lisha rolled her eyes before pushing him out her way and walking into the conference room while Jimi followed behind.

Lisha walked up to the first seat and picked up the chilled water bottle before gulping down the water at a go while making some slurps. Jimi watched her in amusement as he wondered how her small stomach could occupy that quantity of water at a go.

Lisha turned to her side and locked eyes with Jimi, "That water was sweet," she ended it with a loud belch and Jimi stepped back.

"Gosh! You're something else," he complained and Lisha smiled before throwing the empty water bottle at him, he was quick to dodge it and it landed on the floor, Mopelola walked in that time.

"Please, can you call me one of the cleaners outside?" Jimi instructed and Mopelola smiled at him before poking her head out of the office, luckily, a cleaner appeared.