chapter 9

The curtains flipped in the air revealing the radiant sunrise that reflected into Lisha's room, the rays made her open her eyes, she glanced at her wall clock and jumped up quickly.

The clock struck nine which means she was late for the meeting she had with her design team, quickly, she rushed into the bathroom and did her hygiene. Minutes later, she got out the bathroom and got dressed in the first outfit she set her eyes on; a long green flowing gown that looked like she was thrown into a sack but it still managed to look good on her, she complimented it with a wig that she hadn't worn in ages.

After carrying her white lady like bag, she rushed out of her room and met Nikki, Gran and Miracle in the dining having the breakfast of sliced bread, butter and tea, not like they could have a better breakfast so far  Nikki couldn't cook, the last time she'd entered the kitchen to cook was the beginning of last month and Gran didn't really like cooking and with Lisha waking up late, they had no other option.

"Good morning," Lisha greeted as she pecked each and everyone of them.

"You got up late," Gran started as Lisha turned to her, she was having an alcoholic wine that Lisha hadn't captured the name, well, Gran was someone who loved taking alcohols even though she'd been warned against it but she was addicted to it.

"Yeah, I didn't realize I slept all through since last night," it was punctuated by the rumble of her stomach, so, she just picked up Nikki's cup and gulped down the tea.

Since she'd chased Nikki and Gran out of her room the evening before, she hadn't stepped out of her room but rather slept all through only to wake up late this morning, she didn't have dinner and as such, she was famished.

"I'm leaving," she exchanged her black duffel bag to her left hand.

"Won't you have breakfast?" Nikki who had been quiet all along queried. She'd actually believed Lisha wouldn't talk to her or even give her any audience after what happened the previous evening but seeing Lisha peck her good morning had given her a second thought.

"I'll have it later, I'm running late for a meeting," replied her as she walked out of the house not even waiting for the response of anyone.

In the blink of an eye, she got into her car and drove out of the house. Her car raced to MAPLE, luckily, traffic was at the minimum.

Lisha rushed into the production room and smiled at her design team who were already waiting patiently for her.

"What of Fiola and Naveed?" she asked as her eyes scanned through her team members.

"Here, ma," Naveed's voice came from behind the door followed by Fiola as they both walked into the production room.

"Why are you guys late?"

Others murmured as they turned to Lisha, it wasn't as if she wasn't late too.

Fiola started, "Um, I…"

Lisha cut her short with her raised palm, "I know, you were feeding your baby all through the night and Naveed, you went to a club and had so much to drink, right?"

"No, ma," they both replied concurrently, they knew she was crazy so it was of no use correcting her or having any hard feelings.

"Okay ooo, if you say so, Sha have your seat," she instructed before the meeting started fully.

Half an hour later, the meeting ended and Lisha headed straight to the elevator, the ramble from her stomach had been disturbing all through the meeting, and she couldn't afford not eating any time soon if not her intestines might get twisted.