chapter 40

"Now the prodigal daughter is back," Lisha mocked as she ascended the stairs while Nikki descended the stairs.

Nikki stared at her sister wide in surprise, she didn't know when she entered the house, so, it amazed her to see her in the house, not only that but her look, Lisha had really changed, she was looking more beautiful with her protruding belly.

"When did you get in?" Nikki asked as she halted her walk on the stairs.

"Does that matter? Where have you been? For almost a year now, you've been missing, you abandoned every one, even your daughter!"

"Like you care," she hissed before proceeding to walk away but Lisha grabbed her hand and immediately she jerked her hand away with great force and that made Lisha lose her balance on the stairs which in turn led to her fall, she rolled down the stairs until she landed on the floor with a loud thud.

Nikki gasped as her eyes widened upon realising what she'd done, she rushed down the stairs and stared at the almost lifeless body of Lisha in astonishment while her body shook.

"Oh God, what have I done?" Nikki muttered to herself while trying so hard to get a hold of herself, she stared at the body of Lisha that was covered in blood.

💫💫💫💫💫💫

"What are you doing here?" Soil shouted as she glared at Nikki who just walked into the hospital room with Daniel and Miracle.

Jimi glanced at her before turning back to the bed.

"I...I came here to..."

Soil cut in, "Save it, you came here to complete your mission right?"

Nikki shook her head.

"Then why are you here? As you can see she's still unconscious, for the past eleven days, she's been in a comatose state and you know that, isn't that enough torture, you really want to kill her right?" Soil shouted and Nikki shook her head.

"No, I came here to see her."

"Well you've seen her now, you can leave," Jimi who had been quiet all along said.

"It wasn't a deliberate action, Nikki narrated everything to me," Daniel interjected and that seem to ignite the anger in Jimi.

"Pushing her down the stairs wasn't a deliberate action right? I can't blame you when it's not your wife that is lying unconscious here after having to go through a caesarian section to bring my babies!" he shouted.

"I'm really sorry," Nikki apologized in a contrite manner.

"Well your sorry doesn't change anything here, just pray she wakes up soon or else you'll rot in jail, can you please get out?" Jimi said belligerently.

"I..."

"Get out!" Soil thundered and she walked out of the room in company of Daniel and Miracle.

Jimi sighed as he turned to look at his wife who was lying helplessly on the bed with an oxygen mask on her face. After Nikki had eventually gotten hold of herself, she rushed Lisha to the hospital, instantly Lisha was wheeled to the theatre room while Nikki stood at the reception in a fidgety position before she decided to call Jimi who came rushing to the hospital in no minute.

The doctor came out minutes later to explain the critical condition Lisha was in, then he told Jimi that a caesarian section would have to be carried out on Lisha quickly so the babies won't die, after he consented and signed, the doctor went back to the surgical room only for him and others to come out hours later with the babies but still with the bad news that Lisha had entered coma.