chapter 38

Few weeks after the incident, Nikki was in the living room helping Miracle who had been annoying her with her assignments.

"Can't you get me at all?" Nikki shouted with an exclamation of annoyance.

"She can't, you keep yelling at the innocent girl when in true fact you're the one with the problem," Lisha replied as she walked into the living room.

Nikki looked up and threw her scowl, "Please, you have no concern here, you can go give birth to fucking child then..."

Lisha cut in, "Well, I'm here because of that," then she sat on the sofa.

Quickly, Nikki snapped her head towards her. What! Is Lisha pregnant? Different thoughts raced through her mind.

"Let me save you the grace of thinking too much, I'm giving you this house even though you don't deserve it at all."

Nikki wriggled her eyebrows, "What do you mean? Are you finally getting your pathetic self out of my life?"

Lisha waved her hand,"Call it whatever, I think this rift between us would be stopping soon."

Just then Nikki noticed something shining on Lisha's hand. A ring? She shook her head before looking closely, what! A diamond ring?

"Where did you get this from?" She pointed at the ring with disgust evident in her voice.

"I stole it," Lisha snorted.

"Wait, did Jimi propose to you?"

"No, I'm planning to be Lord of the Rings," She replied sarcastically and that fuelled Nikki's anger.

"You're getting married? How is that possible? It can't be possible, It can never happen," she shook her head vigorously as she got up from her seat.

"Well, it is possible and don't forget your daughter is right beside you, you don't want her knowing what's going on, she can be inquisitive, she..."

"Shut it! Shut the hell up!" Nikki thundered.

Lisha hissed scathingly before getting up, "You have no right to tell me to shut up in my house," she poked Nikki's chest before turning to leave but Nikki stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"I promise you, you'll never get married to Jimi, over my dead body will you do that," she whispered with hatred laced in her tone.

"And I promise you we'll get married right in front you," then she jerked her hand away from Nikki before walking back to her room.

Nikki slumped on the chair as her head started banging and debating furiously trying to calculate her next plan. Lisha would never get married to Jimi while she was alive. She can never watch the love of her life getting married to her sister, she…

"Mom, can you…"

"Miracle, go to your room!" She ordered while trying to contain her anger.

"But mom, you…"

"Get away before I slap you!"

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

"What do you mean I can't marry him?" Lisha questioned while glaring at Nikki who was seated beside her dad with a fixed mischievous smile.

Seeing her dad and Nikki's mom at her place that afternoon, Lisha knew her dad wasn't up to no good considering the fact that Gloria wasn't looking happy, Lisha knew they didn't come to visit her but rather came for something else, but she never expected it to be this.

"See, why would you get married to your sister's fiancé?" Her dad asked as calmly as he could.

Lisha glanced at Nikki, "What do you mean? Me get married to Nikki's fiancé, how is that possible and who is this fiancé?"