chapter 33

Dedicated to Testimony500

Why are you just coming?" Nikki barked.

Lisha lifted her brows before walking into the house while Nikki closed the door.

"Lisha! Why are you just coming?" Nikki gritted while trying so hard not to flare up.

"It doesn't concern you," Lisha snapped, she was also trying to contain her anger.

"You didn't come home last night and you're asking how it's my concern, for goodness’ sake, I'm your sister, I was worried sick throughout last night."

Lisha turned back to her before scoffing, "So, you can call yourself my sister?" She shook her head.

"What do you mean? You couldn't even call last night to inform me that you would stay out late, did anything happen?"

Lisha smirked, "Do you want anything to happen?"

Nikki puckered her brows, "I don't understand you."

Lisha smiled, "Well, you can't," then she proceeded to leave but Nikki who wasn't satisfied by her response and who didn't expect such calmness from her pulled her back.

"Don't you have anything to say to me?"

Lisha scrunched up her face, "Do you want me to say something?"

She shook her head in return and Lisha took that as a cue to leave while Nikki stared back at her retreating figure. Why was she calm? Why didn't she shout at her? Why did she pretend like something didn't happen? Why…different thoughts tumbled in Nikki's head.

Nikki sat down dejectedly before throwing the pillow by her in annoyance.

After Lisha changed into a casual wear, she sauntered to the kitchen but not without glancing at Nikki who was seated on the couch looking forlorn. Lisha smiled at herself before walking into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Anger rose in Nikki like a tide when she heard Lisha singing loudly and happily from the kitchen. Why was she happy? She expected her to be more than sad but it was the obverse. What really happened? Didn't she plan her work well? Thoughts like this raced furiously in Nikki's head, and she knew if she didn't get any answer, she might go Gaga.

"Why are you here?" Lisha asked as she turned off the cooker.

"Can't I come to the kitchen again?" Nikki asked with a smile she was trying too hard to force which eventually ended up as a stretch.

"This is somewhere you despise or rather let me put it as somewhere you don't like coming to," Lisha replied while placing the pot of soup on the cooker.

"You look so cheerful today, what's going on?"

"I always look cheerful all the time."

Nikki pressed her lips together, "But today seems somehow different, it's like something happened yesterday."

Lisha smiled before waving at Nikki to come closer, then she leaned closer to ear, "You know I actually slept at Jimi's place last night though we didn't really catch fun 'cause he was drowsy throughout but then I'm still happy," she ended it with a smirk and Nikki gawked at her with shock written all over her face.

Just as she opened her mouth to talk, Lisha hindered her, "Breakfast is ready, call Miracle to come down."

Just like that, Nikki walked out of the kitchen like a lifeless body but not without taking another look at the chuffed Lisha.