chapter 24

"Where is Nikki?" Lisha queried immediately she got back into the house after seeing Mark off.

"She went out," Gran replied before gulping down her 'Ogogoro'. Miracle was busy reading some things from her book.

"To where?" Lisha pressed further before sitting on the sofa adjacent to the chaise lounge Gran and Miracle were seated.

Gran dropped the bottle on the centre table before replying, "To Kemi, she told me she was visiting Kemi at her place."

Lisha smiled to herself, she knew Nikki didn't only go there to visit Kemi, she had a hidden agenda which would certainly be related to Jimi, she was desperate…

Gran interrupted her thoughts, "I know what you're thinking, but, tell me, why are you so bent on that handsome CEO?"

Lisha scoffed, "That question should be directed to Nikki."

"You're indirectly shunning me abi?" Gran picked up the 'Ogogoro' bottle and poured some amount into her glass cup.

"I didn't do that," Lisha replied before waving at Miracle who quickly walked up to her.

After Gran gulped down her drink, she turned to Lisha who was now dictating some things to Miracle.

"Lisha, this is a new year, you have to get married."

Lisha glanced at her, "I'll surely do that."

"When?"

"I don't know," she didn't look away from Miracle as she replied.

"How would you know, you're…"

Lisha cut in, "Gran, you're disturbing Miracle, she isn't concentrating well on the dictation, right Miracle?"

Miracle bobbed her head,"Yes."

Gran hissed in response as she decided to focus her attention on her best friend; alcohol.

Lisha turned to her, "Gran, this is a new year and I think you should stop drinking this alcohol, look at yourself, you're getting pale and your face is already swollen."

Gran scoffed as she gulped down another round of the alcohol, "Stop telling me trash, if you have nothing better to say, turn to Miracle."

"But Gran, it's getting too much, you really need to stop it."

"Shut your mouth! Stop poking your nose into my business, think about your pathetic life, you this foolish skeleton!"

Lisha decided to keep her mouth shut and then turned back to Miracle.

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

"What are you doing here?" Jimi inquired with a look of disgust as he marched into the living room with Hanmi and Daniel.

Nikki looked up with a smile but the smile reduced when her eyes made four with Daniel, Kemi decided to reply in her stead.

"She came here to visit me."

Jimi scoffed a laugh before sitting on the only wing chair in their living room, the one situated at a corner.

"And to also apologize," Nikki added as she tore her gaze from Daniel and then turned to Jimi with her bright smile reappearing.

"I see no reason for the apology you didn't offend me but I believe Lisha deserves that apology," he said before crossing his legs while Hanmi and Daniel sat on the two-seater opposite him.

Nikki squeezed her face upon the mention of Lisha's name, her anger swelled up, but she decided to conceal it for the time being, she raised her chin with a luring smile.