chapter 5

"I hope everything is set for the fashion week?" Lisha questioned.

She was having a meeting with her design team for the Lagos fashion week that would start in few days time, though they'd presented their designs during the cross cultural exchange and exhibition at Rakuten fashion week in Tokyo the previous month, then Lisha had been the only designer from Nigeria out of the six emerging designers from Africa and Japan that participated in Fashion and Cultural Exchange Africa- Japan. That had actually earned her the award of the best designer in Nigeria and as such they were meant to present the same designs during the Lagos Fashion week.

"Yes ma," they all chorused.

"Okay then, ensure nothing happens to it, you can leave then," she instructed, and they all left the room in the few minutes that followed.

Lisha sat on her office chair as she opened the water bottle and gulped down its content, she sighed as she looked at the cerulean sky through the shutters, just then, she remembered the launch party at Heinekan House later in the day, it was getting late already, and she had to go home to prepare for the launch party.

While packing her stuffs into her bag, the door creaked open and it revealed the entrance of Jimi.

"Yes, gym, how may I help you?" She inquired and Jimi smiled before sitting on a sofa.

"You're going for the cocktail reception right?"

Lisha bobbed her head as she zipped her bag.

"What type of foolish question is that? You should know I'll certainly go there," she replied while eyeing him.

"That's true, so, I'll be going too and I want you to be my date," he scratched his neck and Lisha laughed out loudly like a maniac which got Jimi wondering if her madness had started again.

"So, you want me to be your date?" She queried and Jimi nodded.

"Okay then," she picked up her bag and proceeded to stand up leaving Jimi wondering if she'd just accepted, he expected her to show her crazy side.

"You're not saying anything?" He questioned again and Lisha stood up.

"Okay, you don't like that answer right? You want me to…"

Jimi cut in, "No, it's okay"

"Good then, if that's all, can you leave my office? 'cause I'm going home to get dressed"

He stood up and that made her halt her steps, "Oh, that's even true, should I come pick you at your place?"

Lisha scrunched her brows before shrugging, "Wait, can't I pick you up?"

Jimi erupted into laughter before shaking his head, "It should be the other way round, so, your address?"

She gave a tight-lipped smile before responding, "Ikeja GRA, find out the house number yourself." She headed towards the door with Jimi still standing in his position pondering on how he'll get the house number, maybe he'll call his secretary or…

"Are you planning to sleep in my office?" Lisha shouted as she poked her head back into the office after noticing he hadn't stepped out yet. He snapped out of his thoughts and smiled before walking out.

They went their separate ways and Jimi decided to go to Folakemi's office to ask for Lisha's address but before he could get there, he sighted Nikki who flashed a grin at him. She was looking enticing in her blue floral loose top and jeans that hugged her curves and presented her nice shape, truly she deserved the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, one she'd earned the previous year.