chapter 30

" Wait...Soil said I should invite you for the family dinner tomorrow," he said from the other end while Lisha smiled.

"Okay then, Love you," she shouted the latter statement while Jimi chuckled and before he could respond, she hung up.

As Lisha smiled to herself, Nikki strolled into her room.

"I heard your noise," Nikki started.

Lisha blinked her eyes several times, for the past few weeks, they hadn't been in good terms, they didn't even talk to each other, even though Lisha prepared their meal, Nikki only ate without muttering a word, so, seeing Nikki in her room was more than shocking.

"It was nothing much," Lisha replied with a small smile as Nikki sat by the edge of her bed.

"I heard you talking to someone, is it Jimi?" She drawled with a smile.

Lisha fluttered her eyelashes, "Yeah, it was him."

Nikki bobbed her head, "Oh okay, I heard something about dinner."

Lisha raised her brows, "Were you eavesdropping on my conversation?"

She shrugged, "Not eavesdropping, I only happened to pass by and heard it."

"My room is the last here, so where were you passing by too?"

That got Nikki annoyed, "Okay, stop questioning me, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I wanted to call you to come prepare dinner before I heard you talking to him."

Lisha shrugged, "And so? There's no difference."

Nikki waved her hand, "Whatever, it's just two months since you guys became an item, in less than a month, I'll strike."

Lisha scoffed, "Are you threatening me or you just decided sputter rubbish out of your dirty mouth?"

She lifted her shoulders in half shrug, "Call it whatever, just know I'm counting it, he's mine and no one else," she hollered.

Lisha smirked, "Well, let's see to that, if you came here to make your silly thoughts known to me, I think you should just use the door, it's calling you," she ended it with a sly smile as she got down from the bed and walked to her balcony.

Nikki stood up hastily and followed her, "Won't you prepare dinner?"

Lisha glanced at her before sitting on her egg chair while she raised her head to look at the full moon.

"I'm talking to you!"

Lisha turned to her, "You want me to prepare dinner for you with this shitty attitude of yours."

Nikki raised her hand in a dismissive wave, "Whatever, Miracle is already hungry, you don't want my daughter going to bed with an empty stomach."

Lisha raised her brows before turning to look at her squarely, she erupted into laughter amidst claps which left Nikki wondering if her sanity was still intact.

After her laughter died down she replied, "Do I look like your housemaid or Miracle's nanny? You called her your daughter and I presume you should take care of your daughter."

Nikki opened her mouth to respond but Lisha beat her to it, "One more thing, I bought this house with my money, you have no dime in it, so, don't come around ordering me in my house, if think you can turn me to your errand girl, then, I think you should think twice before behaving erratically."

Nikki pressed her lips together tightly as she glared at her sister.

"You have no right to glare at me in my house, lest you've also forgotten, I'm your elder sister, the fact that you had a child before me doesn't stop me bring your elder sister, spell elder," she moved her head.

Nikki seethed in anger, she glowered at her sister yet again before turning to leave but Lisha jumped up quickly and grabbed her hand.

"Let go of me!" She bellowed but Lisha kept on digging her newly painted nails into her skin, she'd been forced by Soil to paint the nail.

"I instructed you to spell elder or don't you know it, should I call Miracle to teach you," she jested and Nikki's nose flared.

"I'm…" Lisha's nail went deep into her skin and Nikki groaned.

"Will you spell it or not?" She inquired with dancing smiles.

Nikki scowled at her before spelling it, Lisha smiled in return before releasing her grip from Nikki and that made Nikki stagger a bit.

"You're a…"

Lisha cut in, "That's to show you that I won't take any shit from you," a smile crept up her face, "I'm just as wicked as you."

Nikki glared daggers at her, she hissed scathingly before storming off.

"Why haven't you proposed yet? Stop wasting time and let's do this wedding."

Immediately the words came out of Mr. Adeboye's mouth, Mark choked on his food, Kemi quickly offered him water.

"Why did you have to choke just at the mention of marriage? Don't you want to get married?" Lisha teased him immediately he dropped the cup on the table.

"That's even true," Soil added.

Mark cleared his throat, "No, it's not…"

Kemi cut him off, "Mom, we've talked about this."

"What did we discuss?" Soil raised her eyebrows.

Mr Adeboye interjected, "So, Mark what are your plans?"

Lisha leaned closer to Jimi, "So, this dinner is about marriage."

"Yeah."

"I plan to get married this year but not eat this year."

Lisha responded, "This is the beginning of March so, it's no longer early, just do what you have to do quickly."

Mark frowned at her.

Soil smiled, "Lisha made a good point, so, Jimi when are you also getting married?"

He choked on the orange juice he'd been drinking while Lisha rubbed his back.

"You choked too?" Soil asked in disbelief.

"Lisha, are you prepared for marriage?" Mr. Adeboye asked, and she quickly snapped her head to him.

"Sir?" She asked again in an attempt to feign she didn't hear him earlier.

"I know Lisha can even get married tomorrow, right?" Soil turned to her with a smile.

"Ma?"

Jimi chuckled behind her while she threw him a scowl.

"Are you not ready?" Soil pestered on.

"Emm, you know, it's just two months, and we haven't really gotten along that well, infact, we fight every minute, who knows I might just end up breaking his head one day, so, I still want to learn how to control that," she lied smoothly while Jimi shook his head in disbelief while others stared at her in horror.

Soil finally broke the ice, "Okay," she then turned to Hanmi who had been silent since the dinner started.

"And you? Won't you get married too?"

He raised his head to look at her," Soil, do you want to marry us off this year, you hate our presence so much?"

Soil opened her mouth to respond but Lisha did, "That's true," then she whispered to her, "Mama, you want only you and your husband at home, right?"

Soil widened her eyes.

What do you think about this chapter?
Remember to vote and comment before leaving.