chapter 17

"Wait, are you giving everyone invitation card?" Jimi queried in surprise, he'd watch her give every passer-by at the restaurant the IV, they were both at the company's restaurant having lunch, it was the last day at work.

"Yeah," she replied before picking a card from the piles by her side and pointed it at Mopelola who eyed the card and left.

"We don't need orangutans like you at the party before," she shouted behind Mopelola who walked away.

"Lisha, it's just a birthday and not wedding, you don't even know half of the people you're giving the card," Jimi protested.

"And so?" She lowered her voice, "Should I stop?"

Jimi nodded, "Yeah."

"Okay."

The waiter appeared before them with their order of coconut rice and chicken, after setting the food on the table, he turned to leave but Lisha stopped him.

"Here, have this," she picked one of the cards and gave the waiter who collected it with a smile.

"But I thought you agreed not to give any one again."

Lisha furrowed her brows, "Did I?" She pointed at her chest before picking up the spoon.

"You did."

"It must have slipped my mind," she said before digging the spoon into the food while Jimi shook his head.

"E ehn, I'll be following you to your house today," Lisha started while chewing the food.

Jimi took a sip from the fruit juice before responding, "Why?"

"To give others the IV of course," she stated as a matter of fact and Jimi nodded.

"I'm going with you oo," she continued and Jimi furrowed his brows.

"You didn't come with your car?" He picked his spoon and dug it into the food.

"Yeah, it had a fault this morning, so, Nikki drove me down to work, and she went out with Miracle."

"Oh okay," he nodded before chewing on his food.

Minutes later, they were done with the food, and they both went back to their respective office to conclude the year's work.

More than an hour later, Lisha barged into Jimi's office.

"You need to cultivate the habit of knocking," he said while looking up at her, she was dressed in a red long skirt on a white top.

"Whatever," Lisha gave a dismissive wave of her hand before sitting on the sofa.

"But wait, why did you dress like an S.U today?" He inquired, he'd been meaning to ask her that question ever since he set his eyes on her in the morning.

"Nothing, just decided to wear it."

"It doesn't look good on you."

"I know," she eyed him.

"You know and you decided to wear it," he protested and Lisha rolled her eyes.

"Let's go Jare," she bellowed, and he stood up.

"Okay, your majesty."

Soon, they walked out of his office and entered the elevator.

Lisha turned to him, "E ehn, will that accountant do Christmas and New year in the prison?"

Some days back, they'd found out that the accountant had been responsible for the alterations in the accountant, and he'd only feigned sickness, the day he got back to his office from wherever he had travelled to, the police had arrested him.

"No, he would be granted a bail only on the condition of him paying up the bills in three months," Jimi replied and Lisha nodded.

"Oh okay," the elevator door opened to reveal the ground floor, then they walked out of the industry.

"Give me your key, let me drive," Lisha said immediately they got to the car park.

Jimi shook his head, "No, I can't allow you to kill us."

She glowered at him, "What do you mean? I drive myself to work."

Jimi nodded with a smile, "I know that but who knows you…"

Lisha cut in, "Run mad abi?"

Jimi raised his hand in surrender, "I didn't say that."

She eyed him before going to the other side, she pulled at the handle of the door for some seconds before glaring at Jimi who quickly unlocked the car as he also got in the same time she did, but she slammed the door.

"I just hope you won't break this car," Jimi said before starting the car.

"You might just offend me and I would," Lisha replied.

"I won't dare offend you," he told her before driving out of the industry.

"This car is too dry," Lisha started as they drove to Banana Island.

Jimi quickly snapped his head to her, "Please, don't play any music," he pleaded.

"Why?" Lisha countered while eyeing him.

"I don't want to get my eardrum blocked today," he begged and Lisha smirked before turning the radio, Echame la Culpa by Luis Fonsi and Demi Lovato filled the air.

"Yayy," Lisha increased the volume to the loudest, singing along with the song and  shaking her body.

Jimi shook his head, "God! Lisha, you don't know the lyrics of the song, please, stop cursing," he pleaded, but she eyed him.

"I know the lyrics, I can speak Spanish fluently," she boasted and Jimi scoffed.

"Yeah, I know," he nodded before moving his hand towards the volume but Lisha slapped his hand away.

It went on and on till they got to Jimi's house. Soil was the first to see them, after swapping greetings, Lisha gave her the invitation card and then the others too before Soil and Lisha

When Soil joined Mr. Adeboye in their room, Lisha went up to Jimi's room, she barged in just as always.

"You really need to learn how to knock," Jimi said as Lisha joined him on the bed.

"I can never learn that," she told him before he stood up.

"Where to?"

"I'm coming," he said before walking into what Lisha presumed could be his walk-in.

He got out minutes later with a drawing, a smile spread across Lisha's face as he gave it to her. It was a painting of her during the welcome party, Jimi had snapped her picture without her knowing and had drawn it.

"Wow, this is beautiful," Lisha commented while trailing her hand all over the drawing in excitement.

"Yeah."

"That's why I love you," Lisha shrieked before jumping up  and wrapped her legs around him while Jimi's smiling expression changed to a shocked one.

"You love me?" He whispered into her ears and she got down quickly.

"When did I say that?" She looked mortified and walked back to the bed.

"Just now," he replied.

"No…I mean…," she stuttered while finding it hard to look up at him, just then the door opened to reveal the entrance of Hanmi and Kemi.

"Guys, let's go for basketball," Hanmi announced and Lisha stood up quickly.

"Okay," she walked out of the room hastily while Kemi and Hanmi cast her a questioning look.

"What's wrong with her?" Kemi inquired.

"Nothing," Jimi assured, he was still stunned as he followed his siblings to the basketball court.

While Hanmi and Jimi entered the court, Kemi and Lisha sat by the patio chewing the watermelon Kemi had brought with her.

Immediately the game started, Lisha brushed off the awkward moment earlier and cheered Hanmi up and as expected Hanmi won his brother.