chapter 6

"Did I hear you correctly?" Jimi gasped as he choked on his warm milk, Kemi patted his back as her eyes twinkled.

They'd just had dinner and were currently having their dessert of cocoa chips and warm milk in the dining room. After dinner, their parents had gone back to the living room and were both having a natter, giggling and laughing noisily, one thing they admired about their parents; their love was still strong even after thirty years of marriage, sometimes, Jimi and Kemi do wonder if their parents never had a misunderstanding 'cause they'd never seen them fight, and they do hope for a happy marriage like theirs.

Kemi smiled before taking a sip of the milk, she dropped the cup on the table and nodded, "Yeah, you heard me clearly."

"Wow, Mark is a betrayer ooo," Jimi commented.

"You know it happened just last night after the launch party ended," she continued and Jimi nodded as his mind travelled back to the previous night.

The launch party was really fun as he spent most of the time with Lisha, she didn't actually behave crazy the previous night, and he enjoyed her company though he preferred her crazy side, they'd danced and even shared few things about themselves, he learnt she grew up with Gran and had always been lonely until Nikki ran away from home and decided to hide at Gran's place, a smile appeared on his face as he reminiscence on the previous night happening.

"This one that you're smiling, have you finally found the person you'll bring home by Sunday?"

Come to think of it, Sunday marks the beginning of a new month, and he was yet to have a girlfriend let alone fiancée to present to his parents, he knew they were serious about the arranged marriage as they'd mentioned it earlier during the day. He didn't want to get married to just any random person, yet he had no one, Kemi had already found herself a suitor, that stupid Mark, he never told him he had feelings for Kemi and Jimi didn't even read the signs, now, he and Kemi were already an item, and she would bring him to their parents on Sunday while he had no one to go with.

"No, I don't even know what to do," he told her and Kemi laughed heartily.

"Good for you, I thought you always claimed to be a real man," she mocked, and he wrinkled his nose.

"Stop mocking me and help me find a solution."

Kemi leaned back on the chair and folded her arms beneath her bosom, "I do tell you that I'm the elder one with the brain."

Jimi raised his eyebrows, "Everyone knows I'm the elder one still with the advanced brain."

"Elder one with just five minutes interval."

"Whatever, will you help me or not?"

She leaned closer with a lingering smile, "Okay, find someone to pretend then"

Jimi's forehead creased, "What do you mean?"

"Just find a decent girl that would pretend, ehn, like Nikki, our parents would surely like her."

He screwed up his face before rubbing his forehead, "I'm not actually close with that model, so, you can't just expect me to just walk up to her and tell her to pretend like my girlfriend, it's not possible."

Kemi shrugged before throwing one of the cocoa chips into her mouth, "She's my friend, you know, so, I can help you talk to her."

"Don't bother, I think I'll just have to convince Lisha."

Kemi's eyes widened as her brows puckered, "Lisha? Gosh, do you want our parents to know it's a fake, you know that girl can't pretend at all, she might just disgrace you when you piss her off."